Monday, January 7, 2013

One Person, Many Faces


Two faces have I
One to laugh and one to cry
Lou Christie

Meet the artwork of Jeff Huntington. When he was an 8 year old boy, his father took him to art classes and he fell in love with it, at first painting Star Wars characters. Many years later his father got Alzheimer's. His moods would change instantly and dramatically. And Jeff wanted to capture it, but just one image would not do. What resulted is the fifth picture. This gave thought to the idea of people's faces being so changeable, how could you capture their true spirit with just one photo? People are so much more than just a single image. That led to the idea of his paintings of multiple views of a single subject. He worked from photos of friends and family. What are your thoughts?  His paintings are very popular and in many galleries.Of course I had to try this for myself, though my creations are just repeats of the same image. Yikes, I think one of me is enough! 

All photos of me are by me. The rest are taken from the newspaper by me or from the web.


“Within the fire were what looked like four creatures vibrant with life. Each had the form of a human being, but each also had four faces and four wings…On all four sides under their wings they had human hands. All four had both faces and wings, with the wings touching one another. They turned neither one way nor the other; they went straight forward.”
Ezekiel 1

22 comments:

George said...

You've shared some very interesting pictures with us, including those of you. I hadn't heard of this style before, but it makes sense.

Reanaclaire said...

Ginny..oh Ginny.. when the header came out, I was taken aback for a moment.. hahahaa..

DawnTreader said...

How very clever of you to connect that with the quote from Ezekiel. And brave of you to experiment with your own face! ;)

SquirrelQueen said...

Those pictures are all amazing, including yours. The artist really shows that no one image truly captures a person's personality. We all have many different faces depending on our moods. I really like these.

Shug said...

I had to do a double take....Not only did you bring us a lot of wisdom, but your brought us a lot of fun! Love your artistic abilities..
Have fun today.
Shug

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Very interesting and unique artwork!

Remington said...

Cool post, my friend!

Parsley said...

Art and photography can be really amazing.

Fred Alton said...

Ginny, This experiment reminds me of a song a friend of mine wrote (How About Your Heart). I think two of you would do the world much good!

MadSnapper said...

the painter is super talented, but to me they are a little creepy or freaky looking... i would not want one of these hanging on my wall... how did you do the double you?

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

There are many faces of all of us, I had not thought of that...but especially with dementia. You did a great job showing the faces

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Very interesting photos, Ginny! They are a work of art!

Ruth Kelly said...

Very creative, you are. This was a delightful post.

Marie said...

Very interesting story. Great photos! Your photos are cool!
I was listening to my B

Marie said...

oops! I was listening to the Bee Gee's this morning and thought of you. :)

Filip and Kristel said...

hm faces. I am surprised how you photoshopped your own pictures. A creative brain.

Greetings,
Filip

Ann said...

They are amazing works but not really anything that I would want hanging on my wall.
I do like your multiple face pictures. Very clever

Chatty Crone said...

I think of a story I read my kids when they were little called Two Caroline's. It talked about the one when she got home and the one at school and how she acted so different! I liked this idea Ginny.

LV said...

Do not know how you did these, but they are great. Each one very interesting, but like yours the best.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Interesting, scary, but truthful....reminds me of multiple personality disorder......:)JP

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Yes---I think we all DO have lots of faces. What an interesting concept. You have done a good job of re-creating it. Thanks for your creativity.
Hugs,
Betsy

Linda said...

These are great, Ginny! A fascinating post!

Forsythia!

 The Forsythia are blooming now, and seem to scream joy and sunshine. Here are ones in town. This is our little one in the front yard. This ...