Thursday, December 15, 2016

Dog Gone Tree

We have a park nearby where quite a few people walk their dogs. These people have become friends, and got the idea to decorate a tree in the park. But not just any tree. This tree is a tribute to their dogs who have passed away. Everyone decorated the tree with pictures of their beloved dogs from the past. Some pf these pictures are quite touching. And now you know why the bottom of the tree is not decorated. The friends still walk their current dogs nearby!









Whoops, gotta go. Someone is coming this way with their dog now!

This post is dedicated to my friend Sandra, who recently lost her beloved Baby.

“My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.” ~Author Unknown

12 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

I got quite choked up reading those little tags, what a lovely idea.
Briony
x

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

A wonderful thought

Nancy Chan said...

Great idea and a wonderful tribute. Have a lovely day!

MadSnapper said...

thank you Ginny, what a super duper idea to decorate a tree. I read each one and love the bare bottom of the tree. dog friendly for reading pee mail... we still love our Baby and our Cooper and our Max, all could be hung on the tree... lovely memorial and a beautiful post

L. D. said...

If I lived there I would hang a photo of our white dog that we just lost a few months ago. He spent 18 years in our hearts and he remains there today. I really like the outdoor tree idea.

Tamago said...

What a wonderful idea to decorate the tree with their beloved dogs who passed away. The tree looks beautiful and the decoration is so touching!

Marie said...

how special this is..brought tears to my eyes. really wonderful idea. :)

Hootin Anni said...

Awwwwww, this melts my heart!!! What a touching tribute and wonderful idea.

Hootin Anni said...

ps....loved reading about the colored stockings and the cow 'bells'.

How sweet the stockings look. I bet your girls are really looking forward to Christmas day.

Joanne said...

What a sweet post. It left me with a lump in my throat. I so wish dogs had longer lives...seems so unfair that they should leave us so soon.
Blessings, Joanne

Ann said...

What an awesome and amazing idea. The tree looks great. What a touching tribute to all those beloved dogs.

LV said...

What will they think of next.

Nervous At Hobby Lobby

 Next to our parked car at Hobby Lobby, we spotted these two cuties. They were clearly nervous and shaky. But then, when is a Chihuahua not ...