Monday, October 9, 2017

Happy Days

The farm that had the Harvest Festival had built a tiny 1950's downtown! Here are some pictures I took while we walked through with the girls.


Remember the old Esso gas stations?

I think this is a little barber shop; it was totally empty. Many of these stores did not have the insides ready yet.



A pinball Arcade, hurray! You cannot find pinball machines anymore! I wanted to teach Anne Marie how to play. Alas, there was only one Pac Man machine, and nothing was working yet.


And even a tiny Town Hall.

“Look over there—that town is close enough to get to. It’s a small town, hardly anything to it.” 

Genesis 19

12 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

These are great store fronts, so colorful and I love seeing Bugs Bunny lookalike sitting on the roof :) cute town hall building too. Thanks Ginny, have a great week.

Joan said...

I love always houses that have colours!

Tamago said...

What a cute little town they built! I love the design of record store with records hanging by the door. I also love the colors of Pinball Alley. I see the giant bunny reflection on their window :-)

Reanaclaire said...

The town looks so peaceful and quiet.. and of course, with its cuteness at bay too!

MadSnapper said...

I purchased many a gallon of gas in the Esso station just like this one and got my windshield cleaned, oil checked and gas pumped and only 50 cents a gallon. love the bunny on the roof and this is a cute little town. I would go Snap Happy there

Chatty Crone said...

That place looks so nice and colorful - when will it open?

Christine said...

How cute & fun! I used to work at an Esso station!

annie said...

Ginny, are these permanent structures on display year round? So cute. Your sweet grands must have loved this.

Ann Thompson said...

How fun. Will all those places be actual shops eventually

Ruth Hiebert said...

That's very cool.

Nancy Chan said...

Nice little place with many interesting things to enjoy. I remember the pin ball games. Hardly see these machines now.

UplayOnline said...

Thanks Ginny, have a great week.


เธซีเธŸิเธ•

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!