Thursday, November 9, 2017

Metal Homes

Did you know that houses are being built out of shipping crates? The crates sell for only a few hundred dollars each. But the houses are not cheaper than a traditional house. They need insulated, and new floors. So the total cost for a two container house with one bedroom is about $100,000.  I took these pictures from our local paper.


Since the walls are metal, you can hang things with magnets right on them!

“Compared to what’s coming, living conditions around here seem like a stopover in an unfurnished shack, and we’re tired of it! We’ve been given a glimpse of the real thing, our true home, our resurrection bodies!”

2 Corinthians 5

10 comments:

Ann said...

I think they are actually kind of cool but $100,000 seems like an awful lot for a 1 bedroom house.

Hootin Anni said...

I've read about these 'crate homes'...In fact somewhere in Texas [not sure if it was Texas, but it was on our local news] about a whole outdoor mall being built by these shipping crates.

Unknown said...

So interesting! I bet it would be noisy when it rains!

MadSnapper said...

I love these and they remind me of the new tiny homes but a little more space. nothing is cheap any more and this is a good way to recyle the containers that are taking up space. I have seen them on TV but never in real life. I love the restaurant from yesterday idea

George said...

Both of these look pretty good. The top one is a great way to handle a hillside lot.

Joan said...

A lot of space insite ,have a nice weekend,Joan

Chatty Crone said...

I think the first one looked cute on the outside but don't know if I would want to live in one.

DeniseinVA said...

That's fascinating. I have seen a holiday rental home made out of a single container on AirBnB.

Rose said...

You can find videos on them on youtube. I find them and the tiny houses fascinating...

Ruth Hiebert said...

That's a cool way to use these containers. They would need a lot of insulation in our Manitoba winters.

Forsythia!

 The Forsythia are blooming now, and seem to scream joy and sunshine. Here are ones in town. This is our little one in the front yard. This ...