Thursday, November 2, 2017

Retirement

Today we went to visit our friend  who lives in a retirement center. I call him every night at 10:00 to make sure he is alright. This is a beautiful and large place. Here is the social room.

I loves these wicker pumpkin baskets that were sitting out!


This little dog flower pot sat on a table.

The trip there is really gorgeous, and surrounded by mountains. So come along with me as we go for our visit.


Here is the pond where we often go birdwatching.




We pass the Mckee baking co. (Little Debbie) which is where our son works making the honey buns.

And here we are!

Here are the sidewalks...I have never seen cement in a pattern like this.

"Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me," Hartman said in sudden seriousness. "I never had the time before to notice the beauty of my grandkids, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself." ~Terri Guillemets


17 comments:

Joan said...

Certain a very lovely place and you know I love red chairs..... have a fijne weekend,greetings,Joan

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful scenery! Luscious Autumn colors. I think I could retire there. lol

Karen said...

That is a lovely setting. I know he enjoyed your visit.

George said...

This looks like a very nice retirement center. It's wonderful that you visit and keep track of your friend.

MadSnapper said...

Bob and I are noticing the beauty of TIME now since it is on fast forward. what a beautiful drive and I really like those red chairs, a great spot to sit and chat. nice retirement center and God bless you for that call every night. of course you are calling him 2 hours past my bed time.

Nancy Chan said...

I enjoy the view from your trip to the retirement home. You are so kind, calling everyday to make sure your friend is alright. I am sure he appreciates and look forward to your calls. The home is a lovely place. Have a beautiful weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The retirement home looks lovely.I enjoyed the ride down there as well.

Tamago said...

Such beautiful sceneries. The pattern of sidewalks is very unique! I've never seen such pattern, either. The retirement home looks beautiful and peaceful. You are so sweet to call your friend every day to make sure he is OK. xo

Chatty Crone said...

It is gorgeous! Between the view and your calls he should be happy.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Your header photo is beautiful, Ginny! The retirement home looks really nice. It's so sweet of you to call your friend every night, I'm sure he looks forward to it! Have a nice weekend.

Rose said...

I would love that drive there...I love your header photo. So, so beautiful.

Ann Thompson said...

What a nice trip. Great scenery for the ride. That looks like a nice place where your friend lives. Interesting pattern in the cement. It looks like it's raked sand

Shug said...

so sweet of you to call your friend each night to make sure he is ok. I love the gorgeous colors in your header.....

Maggie Ann said...

How tranquil and lovely! and I am a big fan of Little Debbie, when our kids were growing up my Mom used to comment that we should buy stock in the company....

DeniseinVA said...

It is a lovely retirement community and you are very sweet and kind to call your friend each evening. He must really appreciate it. Wonderful scenery and beautiful Fall colors.

UplayOnline said...

Luscious Autumn colors. I think I could retire there. lol


เย็ดสาว

Carla from The River said...

Beautiful!! I love the colors you shared with us, we have had cloudy days here. So the sunny photos make me smile.

Nervous At Hobby Lobby

 Next to our parked car at Hobby Lobby, we spotted these two cuties. They were clearly nervous and shaky. But then, when is a Chihuahua not ...