Monday, January 1, 2018

The Trumpet

Yesterday we saw an extremely unusual bird for our area. All the local birdwatchers were excited, e-mailing and driving past. It is a Trumpeter Swan.

You will notice that he has been banded. Not only that, someone has stuck a number on his back! Swans mate for life, so this lonely one made me sad. Not a single other bird has been on this pond.


And now I guess this is...well...the end!

 “We’re not all going to die—but we are all going to be changed. You hear a blast to end all blasts from a trumpet, and in the time that you look up and blink your eyes—it’s over. On signal from that trumpet from heaven, the dead will be up and out of their graves, beyond the reach of death, never to die again.”

1 Corinthians

13 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

A beautiful bird. Lol! I like the last photo - The End! Lol! Happy New Year!

Linda said...

Hahaaha!!! Sandra will love 'the end!!'

Reanaclaire said...

Awesome creatures! Very nicely taken, Ginny!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

That was very special for you to see this beuaitful bird and be able to take photo of it

Ann said...

Oh I love your photos of the swan. He's beautifl. How sad though that he is all alone. Cute picture for the end of your story

MadSnapper said...

there is a single black swan at Jungle Gardens, his spouse died and always makes me sad as does this sweet Swan. so beautiful. even the bottoms up

Rose said...

Interesting about the banding..,the ones I see banded have it around their neck. It is beautiful!

Christine said...

What a handsome bird but a pity he's so lonesome!

Chatty Crone said...

Okay Ginny - only you! I love that swan's you know what up in the air.

THE END! lol

Happy 2018!

sandie

Karen said...

Thinking of that Bible verse, my granddaughter's class learned the words to Stand Up Stand Up for Jesus, and one verse says, "This day the noise of battle, the next the Victor's song."

Ruth Hiebert said...

You got good pictures of him.

Tamago said...

What a beautiful swan! I hope he finds his partner. Love the last picture :-)

Hootin Anni said...

Awesome Ginny. I'd probably still be there taking way too many photos.

Walking Among The Dead

 Yes, I walked among the dead for you, my awesome blog followers. That would be Purple Dead Nettle, also called Purple Dead Thistle. It is n...