Friday, April 5, 2019

Pinwheels For Prevention

As I have been posting every year recently, here are the April pinwheels. You can see them all around many cities in April. This month is child abuse prevention month.





These last three pictures show the pinwheels in front of a millstone. Very appropriate, considering that Jesus said if you treat children badly, it would be better to have a millstone tied around your neck and to drown.



“Whoever becomes simple and elemental again, like this child, will rank high in God’s kingdom. What’s more, when you receive the childlike on my account, it’s the same as receiving me.
But if you give them a hard time, bullying or taking advantage of their simple trust, you’ll soon wish you hadn’t. You’d be better off dropped in the middle of the lake with a millstone around your neck.”
Matthew 18 

14 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

This is such a good cause to advocate! I like the pinwheels, great cause. We all need to be behind this cause...

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Certainly a great cause. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hootin Anni said...

They are very humbling when sighted in such large groups ... I've seen them, and it makes ones heart skip a beat.

MadSnapper said...

my mother would love this post, she loved all things pinwheels and loved children even more. she worked with children in a day care and was the Sunday School Supertendent for all the years her life until she was in her wheel chair, taught kids in SS all those years.

Ann said...

Wonderful cause. One that should be observed all year long. The pinwheels are pretty. I love the color of them

Rose said...

I did not remember these.. but then a Lot has happened.

Sandi said...

Oh...hug.

The millstone makes a powerful statement.

George said...

What a beautiful way to call attention to a great cause.

L. D. said...

This is a wonderful cause and the pinwheels are a good way to advertise it.

photowannabe said...

This is very close to my heart.

Inger said...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I didn't know anything about it and now I do. A very good cause, indeed.

Ruth Hiebert said...

These are very pretty.

Chatty Crone said...

I agree you don't hurt the elderly or the children!

Shug said...

So glad you posted about this....I have been seeing these, but just haven't taken the time to read what it is about....

The Big Cat

 Not to be outdone by that upstart The Big Cow and his friends, the Big Cat bought a new Easter bonnet! It is purrrfectly lovely! And while ...