Friday, August 30, 2019

The Moon Came Down To Earth

The local Moonflowers are blooming now! In the daytime, they are tightly shut! I almost think they are prettier when they are closed.



It is at night, in the dark, when these flowers open. Here are my night pictures.




Here is the bush under a trellis, with a mirror behind it. You can just make out the top of our car at the bottom of the mirror image

Beside the Moonflowers is a small bathtub garden.

A little pause in life, while daylight lingers
Between the sunset and the pale moonrise,
When daily labor slips from weary fingers,
And soft grey shadows veil the aching eyes.
~Sarah Doudney


15 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness Ginny - those are so incredibly unique to me. One way looks like a rose and it is protecting itself and then at night when cooler it can open up and flourish. LOVE IT. Sandie

Natalia said...

Bathtube garden is such a lovely abd creative idea ☺

Hootin Anni said...

We have these at one of our parks. They remind me of ice cream.

Ann said...

They are very pretty but I find them more fascinating when the blooms aren't all the way open. What a pretty garden. I like the bathtub filled with plants

MadSnapper said...

I love that tub of flowers... beautiful vine and flowers.. I agree, the closed is beautiful

LC said...

The moonflower in your first photo is my favorite. I have never seen a flower at any stage similar to that. Beautiful and intriguing!

LV said...

Interesting plant. I have never seen one.

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

Moonflowers...love the name. πŸ€—

Ruth Hiebert said...

I agree, they are very pretty when closed, but also lovey when opened.

Tamago said...

Wow they are beautiful! Oh yes they are very pretty when closed. Reminds me of origami windmill :-) Love the bathtub garden, too!

Rose said...

I love your quote....

likeschocolate said...

So incredible! I love this planet. Have a wonderful week.

Nancy Chan said...

I have seen this flower when I was up in the highlands. They are beautiful whether they are tightly shut, half open or fully open. Your blog header is stunning!

DeniseinVA said...

It is a beautiful flower. I love your photos and your quote Ginny :)

Carla from The River said...

You did a great job capturing the moon flower. How fun that we both posted about them. ;-)

The Rooster

 Living pretty much in the country, we have quite a few chickens around here. Every time we come in or go out, a nearby rooster crows. Yet w...