Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Tuesday Treasures

We went shopping today for the first time since March! Of course we donned masks AND gloves! We visited T.J. Maxx and Home Goods. Their signs on the doors said they are having BIG BIG BIG Sales. I am naming my blog after my good blog friend Linda's Tuesday Treasures that she often posts. So come shopping with me! Here we are in Home Goods.

These bowls were so beautiful that I almost bought them.

Here is my basket in T.J. Maxx.
On the way back home.



Before going home, we went up on the hill where we go to see the sunset. The gazebo had pretty flowers planted around it.


Once home, I unloaded my goodies. 
The box of K-Cups was only $4.00. And the animal jigsaw was a real find, you cannot find any nowadays.

The mini oven mitts have cats on them, the chocolate meringues were only $2.00, the soap is lavender scented, and the four sharp Core knives in a wooden block were under $5.00! 

AND a bag of marshmallow twists at the checkout.


“Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.” 
 ~Bo Derek










18 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

My favorite is the oven mitt. And anything lavender scented is a "find" for me too!

Ann said...

You found some good deals. The last time I went into a Home Goods I found so many things that I wanted to take home with me. At the time I couldn't afford to do anything more than window shop but even now I probably would have left most of it there. I talk myself out of buying stuff all the time..lol

crafty cat corner said...

That was a basket full of happiness Ginny. Sometimes we need goodies like that to give us a lift.
Briony
x

Nancy Chan said...

I went shopping this afternoon but there was no big sale. Lovely hill view and nice gazebo with yellow flowers.

Tamago said...

Oooh you found so many great items! I love the oven mitts with kitty print. So adorable! A box of K-cups at $4 is a really great deal :-)
The gazebo with flowers are lovely. Have a great day!

Rose said...

I have been wanting to go shopping other than for necessities but put it off. I enjoyed you trip...lol

Susie said...

Ginny, Probably did your heart good to get to shop for some fun things. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Jeanette said...

You found some great stuff! I need to visit TJ Maxx soon!

MadSnapper said...

I know you were glad to get out of the house and get to a store to wander around shopping! And you did find a lot of good deals. I am coming to you via my tablet sitting on my tablet pillow in my lap and big boy sleep chair. Talking to the tablet. Still nothing on the MRI

The Padre said...

Such Fantastic Photos - Good Eye - Bo Derek, What A 10 - Enjoy The Upcoming Weekend

Cheers

George said...

It looks as if your first shopping trip in months was a great success.

L. D. said...

Shopping sounds like fun. It has been a long while for me. You are in an interesting looking store.

Chatty Crone said...

You had some GREAT finds - Ginny - I love that store!

Carla from The River said...

You found some great items. I will trade you a bouquet of flowers for the soap. ;-) Hee Hee! I enjoy lavender soap.
Thank you for the Happy Graduation Wishes for Atticus.
Love, Carla

photowannabe said...

HaHa...love the end quote...
It looks like you really did find some treasures.
I tend to stay out of those stores..I buy way too much and I really don't "need" more stuff.
Hope you have a great day.
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

Well Ginny, you did better than I would have done. Those bowls would have jumped into my cart and refuse to leave till I had paid for them.LOL

The Happy Whisk said...

Some fun finds, I love HomeGoods. Their baking and food area is what I love the most. Not long ago, Hubby's mom gave me a hundred dollar HomeGoods gift card. So fun. Took me awhile to spend it, but I had fun. Sounds like you had fun getting out. Groovy.

DeniseinVA said...

Great finds! I had fun seeing what you bought, which I would have probably put in my basket too. A great quote also, perfect pairing.

The Rooster

 Living pretty much in the country, we have quite a few chickens around here. Every time we come in or go out, a nearby rooster crows. Yet w...