Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Mat

Anne Marie's Christmas gift may have been the largest and hardest we had to wrap ever! She was so excited!


             It took both Phil and Anne to open it; here they are yanking at the paper!

It is an exercise mat! Anne goes to gymnastics three days a week, and she is very good! She can do double handsprings and all kinds of dangerous looking moves. She can now practice at home.


She spent the remainder of the evening doing gymnastics right here in the living room! I must say, just looking at her made me wince.




Whew, I am exhausted just looking at this again! I think I'll take aspirin and go to bed. Good night to all!

“Exercise daily in God—no spiritual flabbiness, please! Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever.” 

1 Timothy

15 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Wow she is sure limber! Yes it makes me tired seeing her too but oh how I wish I had a fraction of her talent!
She is growing up so fast! I remember her as a little girl

Reanaclaire said...

OH Yeah!!! SHE is really good! I will wince too if I were there! Seeing her doing this is imagining ourselves doing it, right? that is why the Wince! hahahaa..

crafty cat corner said...

So supple, oh that I was like that, all my bits have gone stiff, ha ha.
Briony
x

Ann said...

What a great gift. Just look at her. Wow. I remember doing gymnastics when I was young. Now I would hurt myself just trying to do a cartwheel...lol

MadSnapper said...

the perfect gift for such a talented young lady. wow on the hand stand and the splits and I would be saying OW not wow if I tried it

Unknown said...

She looks overjoyed with her delightful gift! And it looks like she'll put it to very good use!

From the Kitchen said...

Ah, youth! She is growing into such a lovely girl.

Best,
Bonnie

LV said...

She is very good. Believe it or not, when I was much younger, I could do a lot of those moves. No more. Age has a way of changing things.

Tamago said...

What a thoughtful gift for Anne Marie! She looks very happy! But yes, it looks really hard to wrap :-)
I'm so impressed by her gymnastics moves. I couldn't open legs like her even when I was young!

Bobbie said...

What a great gift for your sweet gymnast! She is absolutely beautiful and very flexible. Summer loves gymnastics too and can bend quite nicely. We will see where that goes. Thanks for sharing these great pictures, Ginny. Love and Happy New Year to you and Phil!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Some of those moves make my back hurt just to look at them. I used to be flexible once upon a time, but as the numbers on my driver's license get higher the flexibility is getting less.

Marie said...

super happy for Anne Marie! she is such a talented young lady! her smiles tells you how happy she is with her gift. :)

Tanya Breese said...

she's talented! i don't think i was ever that limber! i am sure she will enjoy this a lot! happy new year to you and your family ginny!

Nancy Chan said...

Wow! She is good! That's a perfect gift for her! Happy New Year to you and love ones!

Rose said...

Wonderful! Looks like she is great at it!

Nervous At Hobby Lobby

 Next to our parked car at Hobby Lobby, we spotted these two cuties. They were clearly nervous and shaky. But then, when is a Chihuahua not ...