Wednesday, April 24, 2024

A Full House

 While waiting in line at the drug store drive-thru, I spotted this little House Sparrow. I usually think of them as common and drab. But my, what colors they have in the spring! These little Sparrows are chatty and gregarious.




He was busy searching for food, and our car did not seem to bother him at all.



He actually hopped right up to our front tire! The House Sparrow has a simple success formula: it associates with humans.


 "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

Matthew 10:29-31

13 comments:

Ann said...

What a sweet little guy he is. Nice of him to entertain you while you waited in line.

DawnTreader said...

Always lots of those about in the parks and at ourdoor cafรฉs etc here in summer... They certainly aren't afraid of humans!

MadSnapper said...

you find the coolest things to show us from the window of your car. this little guy/girl is adorable and I love its blended colors..

Shug said...

Good morning Ginny. This little sparrow is full of color and what a beauty he/she is. Great entertainment for you as you waited in your car. Beautiful scripture......Thankful for God's goodness and His protection. Have a beautiful day.

Debby said...

Great closeups on this sweet little bird.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Awwww he's precious! I don't know if you have Carolina Wrens there but they are SO tiny and just hold court all over parking lots in warm weather! I love to see them and sparrows are always wonderful and welcome. xoxo

Chatty Crone said...

You know Ginny - from far away they may look colorless - but your camera brings them to life!

photowannabe said...

Great capture of the sweet little guy.
Perfect verse to go with it.
Sue

Rose said...

I always find that verse comforting!

CheerfulMonk said...

They are colorful! I didn’t know that. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Anne Robinson said...

Sweet birds! You capture some great shots. Have a nice weekend.

DeniseinVA said...

You found the perfect verse Ginny. I know many aren't too keen because of their habits but I enjoy seeing them. I have had a chipping sparrow visit lately. You took lovely photos of this little one.

The Happy Whisk said...

I don't see any of my comments going through. I see it for a second and them whoosh, it's gone.

You Know You Live In The South

 You know you live in the south when you see signs like this. But also when you see sights like this. There is no place I would rather be. T...