Thursday, September 10, 2009

School Days
















Isiah 50:4-“He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.”
If you are following both my blog and my daughter-in-law’s blog, you will see that we have some of the same pictures this week. This is because my granddaughter, Anne, started preschool for the first time on Wednesday. She is three years old, which seems so young to me. Back in the dark ages, when I went to school, kids started between five and seven years old. I was seven. You had to be pretty smart to start at five. Kindergarten was unheard of. Seriously! But I think preschool is a good idea, and Anne behaved herself and had a good time. It went well. A week or so earlier it did not. The school had an open house kind of thing so the kids could check it out ahead of time. I talked to her on the phone shortly after and asked her how it went. Never one to mince words, she said “I didn’t listen.” That’s all she said. This totally cracked me up, though I was able to keep from laughing on the phone. In the Bible, God chastises us over and over for not listening. James 1:19 says that everyone should be quick to listen and slow to speak. That’s harder than you’d think. Especially for three year olds. But she will start to learn. These pictures are the first time she crawled, the first time she walked, and on the first day of school. All big firsts. She’s going to a Baptist preschool, which I think is great. Hopefully she will have no more listening problems, as I think she has good teachers. Moses must have been a most awesome teacher, because here’s what he asked of God in Deut 32:2 “Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew.” Wow. One good thing about being as old as I am is this: no more tests. “Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your faith and teach me, for You are my God and my savior. “ Psalm 25:4

No comments:

Nervous At Hobby Lobby

 Next to our parked car at Hobby Lobby, we spotted these two cuties. They were clearly nervous and shaky. But then, when is a Chihuahua not ...