Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Face To Face




“I like my hair without any ponies, ribbons, or bows!” This is what our three year old granddaughter, Anne, said to my husband one morning. Translation: she wanted her hair to hang down without anything in it. Witness the pictures. Her mom later explained to me that Anne wants it this way a lot. It’s her new thing. She thinks it’s fun to shake her hair back and forth and be a nature child. My little bohemian. I’ll see her really concentrating with a toy, and her hair all hanging down in front of her eyes and face like a sheepdog. Can she see anything? She doesn’t seem to care. As for my own hair, it really bothers me if my bangs are a little too long and starting to cover my eyes. I bet you moms and grandmothers out there will agree with me on this; we want to see our child’s pretty faces! Don’t all you ladies remember your moms pushing your hair out of your faces and chasing you around to clip it back? And now I do the same thing with both of the little girls in my life. Here’s one face that is better to see than the face of our child. The face of God. Can you even imagine? But that’s exactly what Moses and Jacob saw. After Moses was with The Lord, his face was radiant and the Israelites were afraid to come near him. Quoting the books of Exodus and Numbers about Moses:”The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles. He sees the form of the Lord.” Jacob actually wrestled with God. Afterward, he said” I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.” He said this because more than once it says in the Bible that no one can see the face of God and live. Ah, a mystery, for sure. Do you have any thoughts on this? I am currently researching it for a Wednesday evening Bible class I’m teaching this month. There are many theories. To me, religion is no fun without mystery. Isn’t that why we love magic so much? Job 37:5 ”God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; He does great things beyond our understanding.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Years ago I had a coworker (British) who let her bangs grow down to her chin. She was "veiled" behind her hair. I thought it would be terribly annoying.

Nervous At Hobby Lobby

 Next to our parked car at Hobby Lobby, we spotted these two cuties. They were clearly nervous and shaky. But then, when is a Chihuahua not ...