Thursday, September 3, 2009

Flying Saucers?




My friend told me the other day that she thought she saw a spaceship over Afton Mountain. And she asked me what I thought of that. When I was much younger, I read books and studies on U.F.O.’s., and one quote that I remember said something like this: We should not be so egotistical as to believe that we are the only life form that God put in the universe. Well, I don’t know what else may be out there, but I do know this. God put us here and revealed his word to us thru the Bible. Anything else that goes on in the huge universe is, of course, interesting, but God wants us to be concerned with ourselves and others right here on earth. Surely if flying saucers and aliens were to be involved in our lives, God would have said something about it in the Bible. But He does not give us any instructions on dealing with extra terrestrials. For sure, we have enough problems just dealing with each other. Lights in the sky can be exciting and mysterious, but we need to be lights of our own. The Bible says that Satan rules the air. I suppose this means earth’s atmosphere. He is the prince of the power of darkness. And he was an angel of light. Stop and think about that for a minute. The word of God also says that the light shines in the darkness and the darkness does not understand it. We need let our lights shine away the darkness of this world. We do this by proclaiming the word of God and loving and serving others, studying God’s word and thankfully praying for guidance The only really important thing that we need to be watching for up in the sky is when Jesus returns in all his glory. And I kind of doubt that he will be in a spaceship.

No comments:

Nervous At Hobby Lobby

 Next to our parked car at Hobby Lobby, we spotted these two cuties. They were clearly nervous and shaky. But then, when is a Chihuahua not ...