Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Will Not Be Shaken

I’m usually pretty upbeat, always diving into my latest project with joy and enthusiasm. It takes a lot to get me down. But yesterday’s doctor appointment has done just that. The doctor spent quite some time with me, going over various graphs and charts of my blood work. Then I was informed that the recent drop in my HDL, in conjunction with other tests from awhile ago, has now put me at high risk for a heart attack. Diet will not affect HDL, so he is switching my medicine to a more high powered one. I’m unclear if this means that there is a heart attack coming, or merely puts me at high risk for one. Either way is bad. He has scheduled several more tests, as well. This was totally unexpected, and now that I’ve had time to digest it, I have many questions. I want to re-do the test. So I have scheduled another appointment to talk with the doctor again this Monday. Maybe it’s not as bad as I’m thinking. On the plus side, I continue to lose weight and my blood pressure is finally down. But maybe that’s meaningless in the light of these new findings. The Bible tells us to cast our cares on the Lord and He will sustain us. So right now I intend to pray and try to get a grip. Psalm 16:8 says “I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” I will not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ginny, remember that doctors use "one size fits all" mentality ... your particular physiology may be able to tolerate a higher HDL count. And the new meds may help.

Will be praying for you.

Forsythia!

 The Forsythia are blooming now, and seem to scream joy and sunshine. Here are ones in town. This is our little one in the front yard. This ...