Friday, October 23, 2009

You'll Really "Fall" For These Doors
















“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.” Rev. 3:20.


If you knocked at one of these doors, it looks like you would get a very nice welcome indeed. Do you decorate your doors or windows for Fall? I enjoy looking at doors when we are driving around. I think you can sometimes tell a bit about the inhabitants by looking at their door. These are just the Fall doors, I’ll do a post on doors in general sometime later. Notice the two plain orange doors. They are not decorated for Fall, that’s their permanent paint color! Yes, two in the same neighborhood. I would not have enough nerve to paint our front door orange, but what a happy sight! Like a big smile on the front of the house. When I look at these houses, I think that the owners must be quirky, risk taking fun lovers. Outgoing people who would certainly welcome anyone who knocked. Perhaps they were hippies as teenagers. I would love to come knocking just to find out, but whatever would I say? “Orange People, sorry to bother you! But are you full of the joy of life? Do you laugh and sing, and is the world your oyster? Can I please have some? Can I stand in your air and breathe it all in?” I would likely be put under psychiatric care for a while. People would tiptoe past me and whisper. So maybe I should just paint my own door orange. But the real doors to life are not orange. They are the doors to eternal life. And they are open to everyone. “Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.” Proverbs 8:34.

1 comment:

MadSnapper said...

very welcoming doors, i wonder if they painted the orange one just for the day or if it is always orange. I may have to hunt for some door pictures around town. I am so glad HE is waiting at the door for us

The Big Cat

 Not to be outdone by that upstart The Big Cow and his friends, the Big Cat bought a new Easter bonnet! It is purrrfectly lovely! And while ...