Friday, June 21, 2024

Strawberry

 Tonight was the Full Strawberry Moon. So called because strawberries are ripe this month. I got some decent shots.




·       Each berry has over 200 seeds on its surface.

·       There is a museum in Belgium just for strawberries.

·       Despite their name, strawberries are not true berries. True berries have seeds on the inside, while strawberry seeds are on the outside. Technically, strawberries are aggregate accessory fruits.

·       There are 600 strawberry varities

·       In 2015, a Japanese farmer grew an enormous strawberry weighing 18 oz – about the size of a pineapple


10 comments:

MadSnapper said...

wow on the giant strawberry. I do love strawberries and have them every day, blueberry, strawberry, mango all 3 every day. I buy them frozen and mixed with a glass of vanilla soy milk twice a day. gives me protein and fruit... I love the trees in the edges of the moon

Ann said...

A friend posted a picture on Facebook and labeled it as the strawberry moon. I immediately though of you because you always tell us what each full moon is named.
That is one huge strawberry. I wonder if it got eaten after it's weight was recorded.

DawnTreader said...

Love the images with the leaf patterns!

Shug said...

Interesting information. about strawberries....You really did get some good pictures of the strawberry moon. We saw it last night, but I did not take any pics. It was beautiful. I like the photos that you captured with the tree branches against the moon.

Mari said...

You got some great pics! I really like the ones with the trees on the edges.

George said...

These pictures of the Strawberry Moon are much more than 'decent'.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Great shots.

happyone said...

Wow didn't know there were so many different verities of strawberries.
Terrific shots of the moon. Like the last two best.

Red Rose Alley said...

Wow, I would love to see that strawberry that grew the size of a pineapple! Interesting facts about the strawberry, Ginny. There used to be a strawberry festival in my hometown. Lovely moon photos. I like the ones with the tree s in the distance.

~Sheri

Rose said...

I wonder if the giant strawberry had a good flavor! Love the moon shots.

Student Art & Pink Tie Ball

 I finish my Cherry Blossom posts with the student art and Pink Tie Ball. First is the art. And to finish the day, the Pink Tie Ball. The ni...