Monday, January 25, 2010

Flower Power







I took these pictures earlier this month at Louis Ginter Botanical Garden in Richmond, Va.. Their festival of lights is incredible. This is a giant coneflower made from lights. I wish now that one of us would have gotten in one of the pictures to show the scale. Each petal was 20 feet long. We made two trips there in order to see everything, as there was so much walking involved. A freezing night to walk around, but worth it.

"You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning;
My God turns my darkness into light.
With your help I can advance against a troop,
With my God I can scale a wall."
Psalm 18:28

4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Ginny, That is gorgeous.. I have never seen a night light show as beautiful... Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge have beautiful Christmas light displays --but nothing like your flowers... WOW---I'm impressed. Do they do that every year????

Thanks for sharing. It's AWESOME.
Hugs,
Betsy

Stephanie V said...

Spectacular lights! Nice photos.

BTW, the cows are real, they are beef animals and we live about an hour's drive away. Glad you liked them.

SquirrelQueen said...

Wow, that is one big flower. It is beautiful. I'll ask the same question as Betsy, is this an annual display?
Judy

George said...

This is a spectacular display and your photos are wonderful. This gives me yet another reason to visit Richmond.

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!