Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Garden Of Spiders
















This is another post from The Festival Of Lights at Louis Ginter Botanical Garden. The Garden Of Spiders, ick!!! We had to walk past them quite a bit to get to most of the other things. The last two shots are about the same, but the last was taken with a flash and the one before it without one. By now you know that I have arachnaphobia (fear of spiders). To read about my history with them, and read what kind of webs they weave on drugs and in space, check out my post from Oct. 8, 2009 "A Wisp Of Gossamer". Have you heard of a Spider Orchid? It doesn't look like any kind of flower. It's a plant to induce nightmares. To see the pictures I took of one, check out "Spider Veins" from Oct. 24, 2009. I am still very afraid of spiders, but have gotten a nice reprieve from them with all the snow. Yet ever since autumn I keep running into images of them to post. So though they are mostly gone, their images are everywhere to haunt me. When I took my pictures of hay bales, sure enough, there was a bale made to look like a spider! You can check that one out from Nov.19 "While the Sun Shines". So I still continue my quest to find ways to get rid of them or kill them without getting close. The best was my bug stick shooter, but I broke it from overuse and can't find another. Till then I will continue to keep you updated on any and all spider run-ins. As usual, I'm sure there will be plenty.

"God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea"
Psalm 46:1

6 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

I guess I shouldn't tell you that one of my favorite movies is Arachnophobia. The light are beautiful but I am a little surprised they did a spider display, so many people don't like them or any other insects.

The bike was a regular sized child's bike but it does look smaller in the photo, maybe because of the bigger bikes.

Stephanie V said...

Very cool lights.. I like that big spider. Your coneflower is the same as my echinacea. Mine is just a new color. Purple and white are more common.
I have left a gift for you on my post today.

Stephanie V said...

Hi Ginny
To get the award for your blog: right-click and save it - maybe where you save your photos. Then just upload it to your blog the same way you would a photo. Or place it in the sidebar: go to Layout and click on Add a Gadget. Choose Picture and follow the prompts.
Good luck!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Ginny, I'm not a spider lover either---but I will say that those spiders in your photos are pretty... I'll take one of them... Just don't give me a REAL one.... Yipes!!!!!

God Bless..
Hugs,
Betsy

MadSnapper said...

I love piggies, but i hate spiders. YIKES, but these are kind of neat to look at, they don't scare me, but real ones do. you find the most different photos fodder of anyone I know. no typical photos for ginny, all new stuff.

George said...

Spiders are my favorite of God's creation, but when I was young I was taught "If you want to live and thrive, let the spider run alive". I don't always follow that advice if I find a spider inside the house!

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!