Sunday, January 10, 2010

Forget Me Not




"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under Heaven: a time to search and a time to give up." Ecc. 3:1-6


Driving behind this car, I spotted a bumper sticker that interested me. We drove closer so I could read it. And then I knew I had my post for today. I may not be losing my mind, but I am losing things and forgetting things more and more lately. Some examples:

1. Walking around the house doing chores and drinking a glass of water, I suddenly lost the glass. Looking in every room yielded nothing. Later that evening, I spotted the glass still half full of water on a shelf in the linen closet.

2. I frequently walk into a room to do something, and when I get there, forget why I went.

3. The other night, as we were sitting on the couch, we heard the cell phone ringing. Rushing around, we couldn't track it down. I finally called it and let it ring till it was found in a coat pocket in the closet. In this case, I had lost something and didn't even know it until it alerted me.

4.Getting a pot out of the kitchen cabinet, I saw there was a small teddy bear in it! Good thing I was alert there, or we would have had teddy bear soup for dinner. I'm hoping this wasn't me. Perhaps one of the three year old girls who come over; they do so get a giggle out of confusing the old folks!

Forgetfulness can at times be a good thing. When we forget pain, bad dreams, etc. And here's the best kind of forgetfulness. When we ask forgivness, God not only forgives, but forgets as well! Hebrews 8;12 "I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." But here's something God never forgets: anything we do for him. Nothing we do for God is forgotten by him. Hebrews 6:10 "God is not unjust. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown him..." Forgetting and remembering; I'm getting pretty bad at it. Good thing God's got it covered.

3 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I CAN RELATE. i have done most of the above, no bears in my pans, but the rest YES! I lost my drivers license and debit card last week. when I go out i don't use a purse but put those two cards in a pocket. when i walk in the door I lay the keys and the two cards down on the counter or on the dresser in the bedroom ALWAYS one of those two. we were ready for the gym, no drivers license, keys were on the counter. Let the search begin. bob says, did you check your shirt pocket from yesterday? YES! i started to wrack my brain trying to remember what pants I wore, the shirt had not pockets. I look in the black pants I almost always where with that shirt, no CARDS. hubby is in panic mode, we might be late for the gym! i decide to check several pairs of pants since I CAN"T REMEMBER Which pair i wore the day before. FOUND in the jeans pocket EEK

storyteller said...

Ah yez ... these are familiar happenings to me as well these dayz ... yet we muddle through, don't we. It's been MONTHS since I've shared my morning musings and I want to get back in the habit so I started today.
Hugs and blessings,
My Random Thoughts

SquirrelQueen said...

I've seen that bumper sticker a time or two, I forget how many times. I've walked into the kitchen on more than one occasion and then couldn't remember why. I usually have so much going on that my brain goes into overload trying to remember it all. I think it as much a sign of the times as it is age. There was a time I could remember everyone's telephone number but now those are programed into my phone so I don't have to. Technology does so much for us these days that our brains don't have to work as hard, maybe this isn't all good.

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!