Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Brick Sunflowers

On the way to downtown Staunton Virginia, you pass this little brick building. An 18 year old home school graduate, Madeline Maase (?), painted these sunflowers on the plain brick wall. She is now going to Liberty University. I love how she brightened up the city! Now even in the winter, we can have sunflowers!







"If I were a flower.. I would be a sunflower.
To always follow the sun, Turn my back to darkness,
Stand proud, tall and straight even with my head full of seeds."
 Pam Stewart

11 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

She did a wonderful job.

Linda said...

That's amazing! I know about Liberty University!

Aircraft Warninglights said...

Thanks for providing such an useful and informative information about Interesting Things. Glad to read it. Will bookmark your post and visit again for more informative post. Keep Sharing.
Nice post, impressive. It’s quite different from other posts. Thanks for sharing.

Ann said...

How pretty. It's nice to see places that have paintings like this. She's quite talented.

Reanaclaire said...

The flowers look so real from afar... Nice shot, Ginny

MadSnapper said...

Yay, permanent sunflowers that will never die.. beautiful... you already know how much I love yellow flowers.... she is talented

Chatty Crone said...

Very talented girl! Liberty college is good too. I want to be a sunflower too - standing tall and straight. sandie

George said...

What a beautiful mural -- and what a talented young lady.

Karen said...

I love murals and this one is so cheerful and bright.

L. D. said...

This is wonderful.

Aircraft Warninglights said...

It was really nice to study your post. I collect some good points here. I would like to be appreciative you with the hard work you have made in skill this is great article.
Aircraft Warning Lights | Aviation warning lighting - CEL

Nervous At Hobby Lobby

 Next to our parked car at Hobby Lobby, we spotted these two cuties. They were clearly nervous and shaky. But then, when is a Chihuahua not ...