Sunday, November 25, 2018

Dashboard Delights

I came across these last week, at an "Art For Gifts" exhibit. They are all made from car parts. This first one is the front grill of a car, a Ford insignia, and reflectors.

A cross made from hubcaps.

Part of a dashboard, lights, & more. Maybe a grasshopper?

This guitar has some Chevy trim.

A fender and a guitar. Get it, the Fender guitar brand?

"Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac." ~Author Unknown

12 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have long realized that there so many people who are far more creative than I am.This shows that once again.

The Feminine Energy said...

I love art... as long as it's not vulgar. What a wonderful way to reuse car parts! Lovingly, Andrea xoxo

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

very creative and good use of disguarded materials from cars.

Nancy Chan said...

Very creative arts for gifts. Putting to great use recycled materials. Talented people.

Ann said...

These are so clever. I admire the mind that can come up with something so creative

George said...

Someone has a great deal of creativity!

Hootin Anni said...

I LOVE the hubcap cross.

MadSnapper said...

agree with the quote at the end and they are all very creative and pretty. I like all of them. we see them create things on TV with automotive parts and some are really beautiful. some are lighted. I think my favorite is the fender guitar

Tamago said...

What a fun exhibit! I love the guitars!

Bobbie said...

Haha!! Cute saying.. and so true (according to Gary)

Chatty Crone said...

I'm asking a real question here - how do you and Phil find so many art shows - is your area noted for that?

DeniseinVA said...

People have wonderful imaginations!

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!