Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Summer's Last Shout

 The last tree to bloom at the end of summer is the Crepe Myrtle. Do you have any? There are plenty around here. Mostly pink.






Next are the whites. Did you know there are over 50 species of Crepe Myrtle? I had always thought there was only one.



There sure are a lot around here. Finally, the reds. not near as many.



“Summer dies beautifully, leaving color in its wake.”


14 comments:

Ann said...

They sure are pretty. I had no idea there were so many different ones. I don’t have any here

DawnTreader said...

Never even heard of them, I think?

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I adore seeing the crepe myrtles blooming here, Ginny. I had no idea there were so many varieties!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, these are so pretty, Ginny. I especially like the pink ones. Just something about them. Yes, we have crepe myrtles here, but only in spring. They have come and gone. I like those two pink bushes in front of the brick house. Have a sweet day, Ginny.

Carla from The River said...

They are beautiful. Thank you for sharing!!
xo

Neuer Gartentraum said...

Die Kreppmyeten sehen wunderschön aus. Vor allem die rosa blühenden gefallen mir sehr. Schade, dass sie hier nicht wachsen. Es ist im Winter zu kalt.

photowannabe said...

It seems that the crepe myrtles have a double bloom life around here. They are going crazy right now. We have a white one in the front and another white one on the backyard side space.
The neighbors have a red one right next to our white one.
It is such a pretty time of year. We never had them when we lived near San Francisco.
Sue

DeniseinVA said...

That's a great title and they are gorgeous!

HappyK said...

They sure are pretty. I don't have any and haven't really noticed any. I'll have to have a look about.

CheerfulMonk said...

You have so many gorgeous plants in your neighborhood! I love this place, but we're in the mountains and evergreens do better.

roentare said...

The blossoms are so dazzling !

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

A, beautiful last shot.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Yes they grow well here. They are so colorful.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Theye look so pretty--especially the punk ones at the top of your post.
I did not know they were the last to bloom--or that there were other colors.

Sunday Sunset - A Ceiling Of Clouds

  "The October sun bows low, draped in copper and flame."