Sunday, November 22, 2009




Now for the answer to the mystery utensil. Again, Heather Short got it right! And also Judy squirrelqueen) as well. I don't know the name of it, but it's used to remove the tea bag from a cup and squeeze it dry, as pictured. Also pictured is our son and granddaughter having a tea party, one of her favorite things. Little girls adore tea parties. Do you drink much tea? I usually only drink it when I'm not feeling well. In England, they put milk in their tea. That would seem strange to me. I've read that putting milk in your tea destroys all the health benefits of it. Then there's the elaborate Japanese tea ceremonies, that take days to prepare for, and involove many strict rules and lots of purification. Tea goes back thousands of years, but apparently there was none in the Old or New Testament times in those lands. Though they did drink water, it was a chore to get clean water, so they drank lots of wine and goat's milk. They also had beer. Back then, one of the most important positions was the King's Cupbearer. He was a highly trusted official with great status and respect. He served the King his drinks every day, but first he poured some into the palm of his own hand and tasted it to check if it was poisioned. Ah, the worries and dangers of royalty! Now aren't you glad we're all just lowly peasants?

"...whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:13

2 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

That's cool, it would be perfect for tea bags. I used to drink a lot of tea when I lived in Alaska but now hardly ever. I had friends that liked it with milk but I never liked it that way. I once went to high tea at a restaurant in Victoria, British Columbia but I only put a few drops of milk.

The little Skipper in my photo is not a moth and not really a butterfly, it's sort of in between. The photos were taken with a macro lens from 2-4 inches away. It takes a lot of patience and many times they fly just as the photo was taken. I have lots of blurry shots.

Judy

MadSnapper said...

me too on drinking it when I don't feel well, that is the only time I drink it unless I am somewhere and that is all they have. I love tea parties to. after the fact I think I should have Known what it was. Hindsight is 20/20

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!