Sunday, July 23, 2017

Wild Horses

You see, we have this tall plant in our tiny flower bed.

The plant has grown quite tall. In fact, it is almost as tall as me now. And there are a few shorter ones beside it. We have been waiting each day for it to bloom!

And then we found out that is a weed by the name of Horseweed! It can get over 10 feet tall. Phil can't pull them out, so they will all have to be dug up or cut down. I may have wanted to ride wild horses a long time ago, but I sure don't want to grow them.


“And so it happened. They were walking along and talking. Suddenly a chariot and horses of fire came between them and Elijah went up in a whirlwind to heaven.”

2 Kings 2

11 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, Ginny! We let things grow only to discover they are weeds! We are soul sisters in thinking the best of a green plant and assuming it is a good one!
Loved this post even more than I usually do because it has YOU in it!!

Ann said...

Growing weeds is my specialty :) I don't know that I would want them 10 feet tall though. That is a pretty interesting one. I rather like the look of it

Nancy Chan said...

The weed does look nice though. Sometimes I too let plants grow without knowing that they are weeds. 10 feet is a tall plant and we wouldn't want to have them growing all over the garden.

MadSnapper said...

it really is a beautiful weed, I say let it grow to 10 feet, I want to see it and wonder if it will flower. I LOVE the pic of you behind the post with the weed. you are looking wonderful and so glad to see your big smile here.... it must have really strong roots to grow that tall.

George said...

I don't want this 'wild horse' anywhere around our yard!

Tamago said...

I think some weeds don't look like weeds - some are really pretty! I think your Horseweed looks nice :-) But wow, 10 feet - they can get super tall!

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! I wonder how the plants got there.

DeniseinVA said...

Weeds are wildflowers too, didn't I hear that somewhere? :) Enjoyed seeing you in these photos Ginny. Your post reminds me that we have a lot of weeds to pull around the side of the house. Our neighbors behind us are moving out and new neighbors are moving in.

Rose said...

I did not know they were called that...I think we always just called them stickweeds...LOL

Hootin Anni said...

...After I viewed your post with REAL horses, I was expecting more in this post. Well now, this 'horseweed' is new to me. Wondering what the blossom will look like....

Carla from The River said...

Ha! I do wonder what the flower would look like. ;-)

Nervous At Hobby Lobby

 Next to our parked car at Hobby Lobby, we spotted these two cuties. They were clearly nervous and shaky. But then, when is a Chihuahua not ...