Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Big Potato

What ARE all these people taking pictures of?

It is the giant Idaho Potato! Here I am posing with it. It is just plain BIG! It travels the country to promote the Idaho Potato industry.


Of course it is not real. But if it was, it would have taken over 10,000 years to grow,  would take 2 years and 9 months to bake, and would make over 30,000 servings of mashed potatoes.


Did you say exercise...or extra fries?

“The steward agreed to do it and fed them vegetables and water for ten days. At the end of the ten days they looked better and more robust than all the others who had been eating from the royal menu. So the steward continued to exempt them from the royal menu of food and drink and served them only vegetables.”

Daniel 1


14 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Well there is BIG but then there is ENORMOUS

Ann said...

If it was real, it would have to be a limited tour because eventually, that tater would rot. I'll take fries over exercise any day...lol

Karen said...

I wonder if Daniel and his friends liked fried potatoes. My favorite!

MadSnapper said...

ha ha on the oversize load sign, if anyone ate this they would for sure be oversized themselves. I have seen this on TV once and now you have seen it with your own eyes and camera. bring on the giant sized fries

Sandi said...

Glad you told us it wasn't real. I did a serious double-take!

How are you feeling?

Nancy Chan said...

That is an enormous potato! That will be a head turner!

George said...

I've seen commercials featuring this big potato, but your the first person I know to have seen it in person.

Tamago said...

Wow, that's one huge potato! At first, I wondered if it was real :-) Glad it's not, because as you said, it would take a long time to bake!

Patsy said...

What fun !

Shug said...

I would indeed say that this is an oversized load. How fun was that...seeing the big ol' potato.
You always find the most interesting things to post about.....

Tanya Breese said...

This is such a cute post! It made me happy when I first saw it on facebook!! ❤❤

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yikes! Well,I'm glad I don't have to peel that one.

Chatty Crone said...

I never ever see things like this! How cool. It says it is real. sandie

DeniseinVA said...

It looks real and those are fascinating statistics. Have never met a potato I didn't love. Thanks for the great photos Ginny.

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!