Monday, December 12, 2022

Bless The Beasts

 I try to snap and post this Christmas tree every year. It sits in a local park that has become more of a dog park over the years.


Let's take a closer look. I think the very bottom is not decorated in case any pooches may want to go potty there.


This tree is decorated by people whose pets have died. The decorations are photos of their beloved pet with his or her name. Some of the images can bring you to tears. Let's have a look at the 2022 ones.


 
 
I noticed there is a reflection of our car in this ornament! Maybe you can see it better in the header.






Bless the beasts and the children,

For in this world they have no voice,

They have no choice.

Bless the beasts and the children;
Give them shelter from a storm;
Keep them safe;
Keep them warm.

 

Barry De Vorzon& Perry Botkin Jr.


16 comments:

Debby said...

That was touching. It’s hard to lose a beloved animal. They’re family! Thanks for sharing.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - how sweet that is to be able to remember your beloved pet - if I was there I would have put Disco on there this year.

CheerfulMonk said...

That brings tears to my eyes.

DeniseinVA said...

This is such a sweet idea, very touching.

Ann said...

It's sad and it's sweet. What a wonderful tribute to the furry friends who have left their loved ones behind.

Nancy Chan said...

A sweet way to remember their beloved pets. Yes, I can see the reflection of your car.

MadSnapper said...

I had to hunt for the reflection but found it in the header. this is a beautiful tribute to all the angel dogs and in the perfect spot. also the living dogs can leave their tributes on the bottom like you said. heartbreaking and also heart warming.

NanaDiana said...

I think I would stand by that tree with tears streaming down my face for all the wonderful pets that have crossed The Rainbow Bridge and the people they have left behind. What a special thing to do though. xo Diana

Mari said...

This is such a sweet idea! Lots of great memories on that tree.

LC said...

That memory tree is a first for me. My thoughts turned to our first dog we had as newly weds. I need to hunt out a pix of "Mini Dog" and make an ornament for our tree! She was the smartest and most loving dog ever.

Hootin Anni said...

They are angels to be sure...our beloved pets.

Carla from The River said...

Ginny,
Thank you for sharing. Pets are precious and what a great way to honor the friendship we share with them.
xx oo
Carla

Aritha V. said...

Thank you for sharing this, it touches me

photowannabe said...

How tender and touching.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh Ginny this brought me to tears. I have buried a few beloved pets (as have most people) and it was so hard. This tree is a precious tribute to those animals! Also, the words to that song you quoted, always make me cry when I hear the late Karen Carpenter sing them. Same when I hear Amy Grant sing "My Grownup Christmas Wish" ... I can't stand it. xoxo

Jenny the Pirate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

A Full House

 While waiting in line at the drug store drive-thru, I spotted this little House Sparrow. I usually think of them as common and drab. But my...