I bet you have probably heard by now that a new wild cat has been discovered! For the first time in 100 years. It's so nice to see a new animal instead of another one going extinct!!
It is smaller than a typical housecat, as you can see in this photo. About 18" long and 3 pounds.
It was spotted in the Bolivian Cloud forest. It has been named the Tokyo Tiger Cat, or Leopardus.
“Villagers say the
Leopardus was not discovered — only remembered, as the fields reclaimed their
oldest ghost.”
10 comments:
Good news like this is so welcome, Ginny. The tilcayo tiger cat, a wild cat smaller than a house cat and newly recognised after a hundred years, makes a lovely change from all the extinction stories. Thank you for sharing it, and have a lovely week!
Ich habe in Deutschlnd von der Neuentdeckung gelesen und mich sehr gefreut. Sonst lese ich immer von den tieren, die entgültig verschwinnden. Schön, dass es auch noch bessere Nachrichten gibt. Die kldeine Katze ist mit ihrem gemusterten Fell wunderschön. Interessant, dass die Leiute dort sagen, dass es die Katze schon immer gab und sie nur wiederenteckt wurde.
I had not heard about this. How awesome. It's rather cute and so small.
Yes, what a delightful surprise, Ginny. How rare is that?
I hadn't heard about this. Very interesting and such a pretty cat!
What a pretty thing. Is she the last of her kind I'm wondering. wow, all the way in the Bolivian forest. She looks like a small leopard. Thanks for sharing, Ginny, and have a wonderful week.
She certainly is a pretty little thing. Hadn't heard about it.
I haven't heard about this new cat animal. How interesting and a great thing that it has been discovered again..
**Hi Ginny. After piling up all the ingredients, just add a little milk to all sides of the pan and in the middle, so it doesn't dry out.. Just enough to keep it moist while baking. It's really good. I also make hamburger with squash sometimes too instead of the bacon and broccoli. : )
I hadn't heard of this - he is cute!
Post a Comment