Monday, September 14, 2026

Crystal Venom

 I have always been terrified of spiders. So why did I snap this when I saw it? For you, my faithful followers! It is crystal, or glass, or maybe plastic. I don't know because I didn't touch it. It was bigger than a toaster oven!! OY! Blame Home Goods for this beautiful monstrosity.



“Every step is a threat wrapped in glitter, a shimmer that stalks.”


12 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

Yuck! Was it for sale? For Halloween?

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That will be a great scary movie spider

Ann said...

I can't imagine why anyone would even want something like that.

Diana said...

I’m with you on the spider fear, so this made me both smile and shudder. “Every step is a threat wrapped in glitter” is such a great description!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

My husband hates spiders, Ginny, and I don't care for them either. I do like the crystal, though.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful yet ugly at the same time!

DeniseinVA said...

Glad you took the photograph but it wouldn't go into my basket. I'd be interested just for the photo :)

Chatty Crone said...

Haha, I don't like spiders either - but glittery ones for Halloween - maybe.

photowannabe said...

Wowie ... Certainly not my cup of tea. I bet it cost a fortune too.
To answer you question on my blog... No those aren't real roses.
I bought the vase with these roses already in it. Lovely "Clearance Roses" ... Faux at its finest.
Sue

HappyK said...

Can't imagine who would want to buy that. :)

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh my word that's awful, hahaha! I do not like spiders AT ALL. xoxo 🏴‍☠️

Red Rose Alley said...

Thanks for snapping this photo for us, Ginny, even though you are terrified of spiders. I think that's how I feel with mice and rats, eeeeek! Don't ya just love Home Goods? There's always something fun, unique, and wonderful there.

Trees Full Of Sunlight

 I've grown quite tired of waiting for the trees to turn colors this fall. I do think the leaves are turning brown and dying before they...