Thursday, September 17, 2026

The Pumpkins


 The fields of pumpkins are thriving now.



And so are the fronts of the local grocery stores.






“Pumpkins are how October says hello.”


16 comments:

DawnTreader said...

I've never seen a field of pumpkins in Sweden - but then I'm rare "out of town" in the autumns, so what do I know... I googled and found that the interest in growing pumpkins on a larger scale has increased here in later years (as our Halloween traditions have also become more influenced by American ones). But as they're very sensitive to the weather, it's mostly in the very south of Sweden that they try it.

Ann said...

That's a lot of pumpkins. Those white ones and the ones with the bumps all over them are always so interesting looking. Did you get any?

NanaDiana said...

Great pumpkin pictures! They shout FALL to me. xo Diana

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Pumpkins are everywhere here, too, Ginny. Great photos!

Mari said...

We have fields of them everywhere too! I love the bumpy ones.

Shug said...

I don't ever see field of them around here, but I do see truck loads being delivered. I think they are so neat...all different shapes and sizes.

HappyK said...

Yes, the pumpkins are all around here too. I 'm going to put out the pumpkins I made out of tree logs again this year!!

photowannabe said...

I am so partial to the weird pumpkins. They have such personality.
You always have the most interesting blog posts Ginny.
Have a great weekend.
Sue

Chatty Crone said...

I love this time of year. I really like the light colored with the peanut like bumps on there. :)

DeniseinVA said...

Splendid photos Ginny. One reason I have this as my favorite time of the year (as well as Spring) is because I enjoy all the pumpkins and so many different varieties these days. Seeing all yours was fun. You asked a question about the store my photos were taken in. You guessed correctly, it is Wegmans. We have several in the area but the one we go to the most is the closest.

CheerfulMonk said...

I love pumpkins, and yes, they symbolize autumn. My favorite season!

Red Rose Alley said...

One of the greatest things is to look out and see a field of pumpkins. That is the most unusual looking pumpkin on your Header - so bumpy and unique. I love those orange ones. And the white are sweet too. Have a lovely weekend, Ginny.

Linda said...

I adore pumpkins!!! We had some growing but our triple digit heat killed them!

Willow said...

Pumpkins are so fun! And they make great pies.

roentare said...

I have to say I wished to visit states just for the pictures of these pumpkins!

Carol said...

Interesting pumpkins

Trees Full Of Sunlight

 I've grown quite tired of waiting for the trees to turn colors this fall. I do think the leaves are turning brown and dying before they...