Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lullaby


Hush now baby don't you cry
Rest your wings my butterfly
Peace will come to you in time
And I will sing this lullaby
Know though I must leave, my child
That I would stay here by your side
And if you wake before I'm gone
Remember this sweet lullaby
The world has turned the day to dark
I leave this night with heavy heart
When I return to dry your eyes
I will sing this lullaby

These are the words to a beautiful song Josh Groban sings. It’s called, simply, Lullaby. I love lullabies, they are simple and soothing. And this is the best I’ve heard. It is a mother singing to her baby. She has to leave him, and the only thing she has to give him is this song. She’s hoping that if she ever returns, he will remember her with this song. These words remind me so much of what’s going on today. The world HAS turned dark, but when Jesus returns, He will dry our eyes. Several places in our Bible tell us to sing a new song. In fact, the Bible is full of singing references. The Psalms say that not only should we sing, but all the trees of the forest will sing before the Lord. But here’s the best part of all! Do you know that God will sing us His own lullaby? The last two lines of this song could be taken right out of Zephaniah 3:17. “The Lord will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with his love. He will rejoice over you with singing.” When I first saw that verse, I could hardly believe it!! God will quiet us with his love and sing His song to us. And of course, it will be the most amazing lullaby in the universe!

No comments:

A Good Neighbor

 Our next-door neighbor's house is very close to ours. Our house is on the left and theirs is on the right. Our back doors face each oth...