Saturday, August 29, 2009

Babies From Outer Space?







Not really outer space, just earth. It’s the two girls in my life, goofing around. It doesn’t take much to amuse me when I’m tired, and this struck me as hilarious. They didn’t stay this way for long, because they couldn’t see anything. It got me to thinking about things seen and unseen. Perhaps Paul would have liked these pictures, because he tells us to fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. The book of Timothy tells us that no one has seen or can see God. In Genesis, God says that no one may see His face and live. But God has transformed himself so He can appear to us at times. In lots of amazing ways. As a human, in a burning bush, as a dove, the wind, a pillar of fire and a pillar of a cloud. And of course, Jesus said “Anyone who has seen me has seen The Father.” 1st Corinthians 2:9 tells us something else that’s unseen. “No eye has seen, nor ear has heard, no mind conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.”

No comments:

A Full House

 While waiting in line at the drug store drive-thru, I spotted this little House Sparrow. I usually think of them as common and drab. But my...