Friday, April 12, 2019

The Messenger

Yesterday we went to see The Messenger. He has wings of flame, and may represent the angel Gabriel in the bible, who was God's messenger. This is a sculpture made by local artist Gabe Allan. Gabe spoke several different languages, and was a much beloved traveler and gifted artist. He made this in his 20's. Only 37, he died last month. This is considered his greatest work.








Beside him are offerings that people have left.


“I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news.”
Luke 1


11 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

He lived a short life.

Hootin Anni said...

Too bad his talent was cut short by his early death.

MadSnapper said...

so sad he died at such a young age, with so much talent. it truly is beautiful, every detail is perfect. I like his legs and feet, in one photo they look real to me

Ann said...

He was very talented, this is amazing. I'm curious about the yellow, white and blue ribbons or scarves that are wrapped around it. Were those added by someone else? Surely they weren't part of the original work

crafty cat corner said...

So sad that such a talented person should die so young. I love the statue.
Briony
x

Ruth Hiebert said...

One can only imagine what else he could have designed. A lot of work has gone into this one.

Tamago said...

That looks like a great sculpture! It’s sad the artist lost his life so soon.

Shug said...

much work in this piece.

Small Kucing said...

May he rest in peace

Rose said...

I have got to get on computer to better view this...I can tell I am missing out on this phone.

The Feminine Energy said...

Ohhhh Ginny, my mouth hung open as I looked at these beautiful pictures! Such stunning work... by such a talented artist gone way too soon by human judgement. I wonder if the Angel Gabriel was there to meet this young artist, if he approached heaven's gate? I'm guessing he was and smiling too, telling this young artist what a good job he did on this portrayal. Love, Andrea xoxo

Virginia Bluebells

 The Virginia Bluebells are blooming now. They are so pretty and delicate. Here are some a few blocks away. Here are some Bluebell tattoos I...