Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Ollie's

You guys are SHARP, I cannot get anything past you. Many of you were right when you said we had been to Ollies. In a small town, any new store is cause for lots of commotion. Here we are driving into the parking lot.


Even the birds love Ollie's, and were already starting nests inside the big letters.


They had some very cute signs inside.



Ollie's is a discount closeout chain of about 407 stores. A majority of their things are unsold or overstocked items from Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Costco, Publix, Target, etc. And they have EVERYTHING! At huge discounts! They have their own book shop.


Gnomes


Toilet seats and plumbing supplies.


K-Cups and groceries.


Rugs & Carpets


Decorative trash cans


All kinds of shelves of sheets, towels, & linens.



Kitchen supplies



A gardening department, power tools, toys, etc.


I got this set of three cutting boards. Antimicrobial and safe for knives. $2.99!! For all three!


AND now, while checking out, we see their bags are PINK! Nuff said!


"The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one."

 Erma Bombeck

 


18 comments:

Terra said...

I had not heard of Ollie's, now I want to visit one, they even have a bookstore. What fun.

CheerfulMonk said...

We don't have them around here, but it sounds like a fun place to visit.

Nancy Chan said...

We don't have Ollie's here but I think I would love to visit too to check out the discounts.

Reanaclaire said...

Oh, I have never come across this shop while I was in San Jose... I would love to visit this shop anytime... just browsing around can be interesting too!

Ann said...

Ollies does have a little bit of everything. Their add comes in the mail and I always check out what they've got.

Hootin Anni said...

Yay for clever bloggers!!
I hear their prices are exceptional.

MadSnapper said...

we should go check ours out, we went several years ago on their grand opening and never went back. it was crazy mad back then. I don't remember them having things like all you showed us. I don't even remember where it is, but do remember it is about 20 minute drive. the ad came this week and I tossed it,next time will look through it.

Inger said...

Oh, what a fun store! I wish Ollies would come to our town too. I'm sure they're not even in California. Too bad!

Rose said...

You are making me yearn to go to Ollie's one more time!

Erma's quote is true of any store.

Chatty Crone said...

We have everything here - but no Ollie's = I'm jealous!

Jeanette said...

I looked Ollies up and the closest one to me is in Taylor MI which is quite a drive for us. Guess with the price of gas I won't be visiting one any time soon! To bad because it looks like a great store!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That looks like a very interesting store.

Mari said...

We don't have them here, but I cn see I would like to visit one!

photowannabe said...

Wish we had one here in California. Looks like a great place to find all those things we want but really don't need 12 of..haha...
Love Erma's quote. It's too true.
Sue

Jenny the Pirate said...

Wasn't Erma Bombeck hilarious? My favorite quote of hers is the one about how she'd lost so much weight in her life, she should have been hanging from a charm bracelet! That cracks me up. As for Ollie's, one opened in Columbia several years ago and we went to check it out. We haven't been back, and I'm going to have to see if it's still there because now I want to go again! Good job on those cutting boards. xoxo

DeniseinVA said...

I was a fan of Erma Bombeck and her great sense of humor :) I have never heard of Ollie’s as we don’t have one around here. I wish we did. It looks a great store!

LC said...

Had not heard of Ollies. We probably won't get an Ollies anytime soon. Maybe I will crank up my civic involvement and encourage some city movers and shakers to court Ollies store locating honchos!

Red Rose Alley said...

This sounds like a great store to shop at. Have never heard of it, but we have a store up here that's similar. It's like a discount grocery store, but not so many different things as this store has. Love those pink bags. I like the dish towel section. I could really use some dish towels. Those gnomes are too cute. And what a charming book shop. I think my girls would spend a lot of time in that section finding books for the kids.

~Sheri

Thoughts After Parking

 1. The elevator - After parking and entering the hospital, we saw the elevator in the middle of the lobby. It is right in the center, surr...