Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Student

 Who is playing this piano, and why?



It is this lady; Kay. I could not get her last name.


Kay is 85 years young, and is the oldest person ever to graduate from Virginia Tech College. She is Suma Cum Laude with honors in music.


Kay has been attending classes since 2007, and goes to a couple each semester. So she has been on campus for more than SIX DECADES!


Her husband drives her to and from class every day.


I saw this on the news and took the photos from the T.V. she has more energy than me!

“You can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to get old.”

George Burns,

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Woody Allen 

 


12 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

Thank you for the inspiring post!

roentare said...

So cheerful to see an active lifestyle in the older age.

Ann said...

That's awesome. I love seeing people her age still out living and going strong.

MadSnapper said...

she looks like a charmer. wow! 60 years in school. talk about determination. cool story, thanks for sharing good news with us..

photowannabe said...

Goodness, that is determination!
I have no desire to be in school for 60 years...but
She did it and more power to her.
Sue

happyone said...

I love to hear about older people living good and productive lives and enjoying life. :)

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love stories like this. Kay sounds like such a talented and dear lady. That's amazing she still plays the piano at 85. She looks so small against that GRAND. That's so sweet of her husband to drive her to her classes every day. I always wish I would have stuck with my piano lessons. The sound of the piano is beautiful.

~Sheri

Mari said...

Wow - that's quite a feat. I'd love to hear her play!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Congratulations to this lady with perseverance and purpose~! xoxo

Chatty Crone said...

I love this story Ginny - it makes me happy.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow, that is really impressive.
What an inspirational story.

DeniseinVA said...

That's incredible! Good for her! So impressed and am applauding.

A Full House

 While waiting in line at the drug store drive-thru, I spotted this little House Sparrow. I usually think of them as common and drab. But my...