Monday, July 29, 2024

Kid Stuff

 Did you know there are Legos for adults now? They are very showy, detailed, beautiful, and expensive. Anyway, we buy the granddaughters these Legos that are not Lego brand, so they are really cheap. And I found the cutest finger pets! They have about five different kinds and this one is a Chameleon. I had to make one for myself.




You never know where you'll see him, as I put him if different places around the house. I'm tempted to buy the other kinds, they are only about $3.00.




Amazing Chameleon Facts:

There are over 200 different chameleon species in the world.

        Chameleons don’t have ears.

               (Instead, they perceive sounds through vibrations in the environment.

         Chameleon bones glow in the dark.

         Chameleons evolved 65 million years ago

               (not long after the dinosaurs went extinct

         The smallest chameleon is the size of a match stick head

         The largest chameleon is the size of a small domestic cat

         Their tongues are 200 times the force of gravity

         Chameleons have no defenses

 

 

1.                     

13 comments:

Ann said...

No, I didn't know that they made legos for adults. I can imagine they are expensive thought. I remember buying them for my son when he was little and they were pretty pricey way back then. Your chameleon is so cute. I would buy him

MadSnapper said...

come on down we have a few chameleon in our garage. they turn the color of whatever they sit on and since the walls are white, they are white and almost see through.. this is a cute little guy and my mother would want him for her frog collection if she were still on our planet. I did not know they made adult ones

DeniseinVA said...

Very cute! I didn't know about the adult Lego's, a fun idea as I know I would enjoy putting them together. I enjoyed all those chameleon facts too. Thanks Ginny!

DawnTreader said...

Very cute. And I did not know any of those chamelon facts...

shug said...

Interesting Chameleon facts. glad to know these things. These lego style chameleons are adorable. I have a table full of legos right now...since the kids are here visiting. I need to add some of these to their collection...where did you find them?

Mari said...

That is so cute! Our granddaughters like Legos too and would love this one!

Chatty Crone said...

I didn't know any of those facts on Chameleons. I love those finger legos - where do you get them?

HappyK said...

My kids loved legos,
Didn't realize some chameleons could be a big as cats!!

Carla from The River said...

My boys still love Lego, in fact Atticus just purchased the A Frame set... it so cool.
:-)
Carla

The Furry Gnome said...

I think I might like a finger puppet.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Fascinating chameleon facts! Although I do not believe that the earth is 65 million years old, haha ... at any rate they are cute little critters and the one you made to hang out around the house is DARLING! Definitely make some more! xoxo

CheerfulMonk said...

What fun!

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I've seen a lot of the cool Legos that they have out now. Some are amazing, and they aren't that easy to put together. It's something when the little ones can put them together by themselves. Your chameleon is delightful.

~Sheri

It's 4 0"Clock Somewhere

 We have a lot of these Four 0"Clock bushes in the back and side of our house. They got their name because they do not open till around...