Tuesday, September 8, 2026

The First Two

 So far, I have only seen two houses decorated for fall. Here is the first one. It has a cool flag and two wreaths.




The other house is ours. We have two flags outside. A small one by the road and a large one in front of the house. They are very bright so people can see them from the road. 

The large one is a stained glass pumpkin.


·       “A prematurely autumn porch is a tiny omen: the cozy darkness is coming.”

 

·       “The first house to dress for fall is the one that knows magic doesn’t wait for permission.”


16 comments:

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

No fall decorations here, but lot of Halloween ones

Ann said...

I only pulled out a few fall items this year. This reminded me that I didn't get out my fall wreath though. Love your flags, those are so pretty

Mari said...

I haven't put out any Fall things yet, but am thinking on it!
I love your flags.

Carla from The River said...

I have my inside decor up, but I am waiting until the first of autumn to put up my outdoor. Hanging on to summer outside. ;-)

photowannabe said...

Really love your vivid pumpkin flag banner.
It just shouts the season.
Sue

Martha Jane Orlando said...

These fall decorations are great, Ginny! I don't put anything out during this season, but Christmas is another story.

CheerfulMonk said...

I love the flags, and your quotes!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Lovely decorations.

Shug said...

I really like the flag...so neat! I've seen a few homes around here that have some Fall decor out. Mine is done on the inside, but I haven't gotten outside to dress it up..

Willow said...

I haven't made it that far yet to decorate for fall. I did notice a lady with a cart FULL of pumpkins walking out of Costco--she's getting ready!
I do love fall, though.

Ida said...

Oh I like both of those flags a lot. - We don't decorate for Fall but do Halloween.

Chatty Crone said...

Love the flags and the way you decorate - just right. I don't have anything up this year yet.

HappyK said...

Nice decorations. It seems most people like hurry the next season along. :)

DeniseinVA said...

Your pumpkin flags are very pretty, and the other fall decorations too.

Red Rose Alley said...

That door wreath is simple and pretty. Your flag has a lot of autumn colors swirling around. So pretty, and it really looks like autumn. The stem on the pumpkin is delightful, and the design is neat.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love the stained glass pumpkin.

Asters

 The house a couple blocks away has Asters in their front yard. We don't see many around here, and I love them. "Asters are the sta...