Monday, February 8, 2010

Fiddle Like There's No Tomorrow



















These are pictures of the dam in the back of our house, and this is little Bucky Beaver who built it. But Bucky, being artistic, got bored with building dams, and after much practice, finally gnawed himself a fiddle. Not only that, he discovered he could play it like nobody's business! He started playing for money on the streets. See his tiny open fiddle case on the street waiting for tips? He finally got so good that he was playing in large concert halls, and of course, he got the girl! Sadly, the friendship didn't last, as there wasn't a good orthodontist near their home. Well, if you believe this, then you didn't watch the Superbowl on Sunday! This beaver is a Superbowl commercial, one of my favorites, so I couldn't resist taking some pictures and making up my own story to go with them. But the dam IS actually right in back of our house. I took the pictures of it last fall, and have been waiting for an excuse to post them. I was so enchanted by the fiddle playing beaver that I wasn't too sure what the commercial was exactly for, but I think it was about finding what you are good at. Romans 12:6 tells us that we each have a gift that God has given us. If we don't think so, then we just haven't found it yet. 1 Cor. 7:7 tells us that EACH has his own gift from God. As if that weren't exciting enough, Romans 11:29 tells us that our gift is irrevocable. Basically, that means that God gave it to us permantly, and it will never go away or wear out! So this beaver is just fiddling like there's no tomorrow, and that's what I want to do with my gifts for as long as I can. For an earlier post on how to find your gift and how appearances are decieving, also some outrageous cakes, CLICK HERE.


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will recieve an inheritance from the Lord as a reward," Col. 3:23

6 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh I love it, Ginny..... Now I know why you liked that commercial. I liked it too.... Cute little beaver... Wonder if he was kin to the ones in your back yard?????? They have quite a dam out back, don't they???

Thanks for a great post.
Hugs,
Betsy

aspiritofsimplicity said...

this was such a wonderful post. And, it is just the encouragement I needed to hear this morning.

MadSnapper said...

I only saw 3 commercials for super bowl and this was one of the 3. i love it, he is adorable and oh so talented. great job grabbing himout of the TV screen. wish i could hear him fiddle.

George said...

I remember the commercial but I like your story line much better. It must be nice to have you own dam in the back yard.

happily retired gal said...

Fun post! I enjoyed your creativity and sense of humor. I didn't watch the Super Bowl so I didn't see the commercial ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

SquirrelQueen said...

That was one of my favorite commercials of the evening. But I can't remember the product.

The commercial was great but your story is even better. A classic story, poor beaver works hard and finds success!

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!