Sunday, February 14, 2010

Showers Of Blessings

Family picture - left to right: Our granddaughter & son, daughter-in-law, Me, Phil

Candy and card from "Our little love bird"- bird is imprint of edge of her thumb

Someone's had a little TOO much sugar tonight! But grandpa won a box of chocolates!!


Our son, Mike. Wonder who's trying to get in the picture?



Our lovely daughter-in-law Melissa
Tonight we went to our church's Valentine Banquet, along with our family and two friends. It was sooo great to have all our loved ones with us on this day of love. Pictured is the card our granddaughter made for us, along with two tiny Chinese take-out boxes of homemade truffles.
These pictures were taken at the church banquet. We had pork loin, scallopped potatoes, green beans, baked apples, and several desserts to choose from. Then live music and a professional storyteller. In my last post, I said I would tell you about my two other Valentines, and here they are. My wonderful son Mike and daughter-in-law, Melissa. Trying to describe them in two sentences is hard, but here goes. Mike is like his dad, softspoken, kind, laid back and steady. Melissa is a born mom. Coming up in a few days, I will tell you about the miracle she worked with their daughter. She is a strong person, a great problem solver, and lets nothing get her down. But I'm not quite done with my valentines yet, I have one more, and that's for tomorrow! How blessed am I that it takes three posts to describe my valentines?
"Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him." Romans 4:7

4 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

What a wonderful day you had, you were surrounded by Valentines. I'm looking forward to more of your valentine story.

You asked about the bees. Sometimes the camera lens scares them away but usually they are so focused on the flowers they just ignore me. I try not to disturb them too much since they are working.

MadSnapper said...

you are truly blessed with wonderful valentines. love this post. can't wait to meet the other valentine. you are also blessed to have a son that is kind and sweet like his dad and to have a wonderful mom added to your family. what a wonderful valentine day you had, even with the sugar trip, ha ha

Stephanie V said...

Wonderful post! Not many people can make Valentine's last for two days and here you're going for three! Well done!

happily retired gal said...

It's lovely to meet your family virtually. Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate Valentine's Day. I do love the beautiful flower in your header and appreciate all your visits. I've not spent much time at the computer lately but am doing what I can to catch up today.
Hugs and blessings,

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!