Tuesday, July 30, 2019

It's 4 0'Clock Somewhere

These are our Four 0'Clock bushes in the back and side of the house. They are named this because they don't usually bloom till late afternoon, and are open all night. They were here when we moved here over 30 years ago, and they re-seed themselves every year. They are also called Lady-Of-The-Night.










This picture was taken at night, to show you they are still blooming!

“Time is a brisk wind, for each hour it brings something new... but who can understand and measure its sharp breath, its mystery and its design?”
 ~Paracelsus

“Every pulsation in earthly life is but the ticking of eternity's clock.”
 ~James Lendall Basford -  Sparks from the Philosopher's Stone

16 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

So pretty. I don't know of a plant that flowers evening and night, so unusual. They look a bit like Petunia's.
Briony
x

Ann said...

Wow, they are really pretty. I especially like the ones with 2 different colors.

DeniseinVA said...

That's so interesting. I have never seen these before. Thanks for sharing them Ginny. I enjoyed learning something new today :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

These flowers are so simple, yet so beautiful. I used to have them when we lived in the country. Love them, but I just don't have a place for them here in town.

Chatty Crone said...

I am going to see if I can find some of these here. Thanks.

Hootin Anni said...

We had these in Colorado...Bud killed 'em with weed spray & they never came back.

Nancy Chan said...

The flowers are very pretty and I like those with multi colours petals. I used to have some in my garden but no more.

MadSnapper said...

they are really beautiful, and sound like easy to care for.

Rose said...

My mom had some of these at one time but she did not keep them all the time.

Reanaclaire said...

Small and cute little petals there on these flowers! This is the best time of the year to bloom and bloom!

George said...

These are beautiful, regardless of the name.

DawnTreader said...

Lovely flowers - and it seems that not only is there a Time for Everything, there's also always a flower in bloom somewhere...

photowannabe said...

What lovely colors and blooms. I sure would love to have some around here. I like that they reseed themselves...minimal care...that's my mantra!!

Carolina G. Ticala said...

Estupenda selección! Espero verte pronto por mi blog! Buenas noches! ♡♡♡

LC said...

Makes me want to plant some,but we have heavy shade on our property. Envy attack! Yours are lovely, lovely, lovely.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Those are so pretty. I love that they bloom later. Just down the street from us, on the corner, is a plant that blooms all day but the flowers close up at evening.

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!