Monday, May 25, 2020

Knife Angel


This is a re-post from last year. Because I have found something like the knife angel, almost as cool! But you will have to wait till my next post to see it:

The star attraction of the National Ironworks Centre in England is called “Knife Angel.” It’s a towering, poignant tribute to lives lost by knife violence.




The Knife Angel stands 27 feet tall and is made of over 100,000 knives. The knives were collected from police departments in England. Thirty percent of the knives used in the sculpture were bloodied on arrival and came in biohazard bags.


It was constructed to raise awareness about knife crime. Alfie Bradley, the artist, disinfected and blunted the weapons before welding them to form the angel. Families of those lost to knife violence can engrave a message onto one of the sculpture’s many thousands of blades.



All pictures are from the web.


"For men who think a woman's place is in the kitchen, just remember, that's where the knives are kept."



13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I recall this...and look forward to what else you have found.

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...did you see my reply on your blog yesterday evening. I added more about Reed.

Ella said...

I've never seen anything like it ... It's grotesque but at the same time beautiful!
Ask for mercy but also forgiveness …

Ann said...

I remember you posting this one before. It's an impressive sculpure. An eye opener that there are that many people who have lost their life by knife violence.
I can't wait to see what else you found

Nancy Chan said...

A very towering and impressive sculpture. I can't imagine all the lives lost or destroyed by the use of these knives.

Rose said...

That is amazing...

George said...

I remember this from an earlier post. Thanks for showing it again.

Chatty Crone said...

I was amazed and blown away when I saw it before. How do you start - where is the first knife? Is there glue involved?

LC said...

I remember this post and my awe at its construction from knives has not diminished!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Now you have me wondering what else you have found.

Tamago said...

I remember this angel. It’s a very striking sculpture.
Looking forward to seeing what you found :-)

The Liberty Belle said...

Very unique! What a good way to raise awareness.

photowannabe said...

Wow...WOW...Wow...
Sue

Our Lawn

 I always look forward to the Dandelions. They look like spots of sunshine in the yard after a dreary winter. We have quite a lot. I found t...