Thursday, January 13, 2022

Dinosaurs In The Bible?

 Recently, a skelton was found of this creature.


It is a Quetzalcoatlus, the largest known airborne animal to live on earth.    Once described to CNN as "giant flying murder heads," the ancient reptiles took to the sky like a fighter jet off an aircraft carrier -- punching 8 feet off the ground before flapping huge wings..

Speaking of prehistoric animals, have you read this bible passage from Job 40 about the Behemoth?

15 “Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you;
He eats grass like an ox.
16 See now, his strength is in his hips,
And his power is in his stomach muscles.
17 He moves his tail like a cedar;
The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.
18 His bones are like beams of bronze,
His ribs like bars of iron...

The word “behemoth” means, “huge beast,” and commentators commonly take it to be either an elephant or a hippopotamus. But the description fits neither of these, nor any other living animal. On the other hand, it seems to match the probable description of a great land dinosaur, such as the tyrannosaurus. Of course, there is an enormous time difference, so this would have been a one time occurance. Thoughts?

15 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Interesting. I think that it is possible, but not 100% fact. It sounds like it though doesn't it?
I try not to fight either way and just kind of let it be. You know what I mean?

Nancy Chan said...

Interesting to find a skeleton of the flying dinosaur. If would be scary if it still roams the earth.

Rose said...

I guess it is sad, but I am glad I dont have to worry about running into one.

The Feminine Energy said...

I have no thoughts about the corrolation in the Bible & the dinosaurs but I loved reading this blog entry, Ginny. That deep of thought makes my head swim these days. :) ~Andrea xoxoxo

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Makes a cute blog look.

That's about all I am saying on this. -Smile-

πŸŒ²πŸ’“πŸ”₯πŸŒ²πŸ’“πŸ”₯πŸŒ²πŸ’“πŸ”₯🌲

Inger said...

A tail like a cedar tells us it's neither an elephant nor a hippo and more like a dinosauer.

MadSnapper said...

it could be describing a giant crocodile. the translations of the things in the bible have all been done by HUMANS so this could mean just about anything. i am glad I never got to meet this big guy, worse than a crocodile I think, but pretty cool looking

Anonymous said...

Ginny,

I was wondering if we could email regarding questions I have about learning more about the Mennonite church.

Blessings!

Melissa

Hootin Anni said...

I've seen and read much on translating languages and how one can only remember there will be erroneous words. It could be anything.

Ann said...

Interesting thought. Not sure what was really meant or even if translations were accurate.
I will say though, that is one scary looking creature.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I really don’t know. As a friend used to say. When we get to Heaven and if it still matters, we can ask about it. I always thought that was good way of thinking about things.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad I wasn't around to see one!

Sandi said...

There is a movie about that Quer...thing. I saw it as a teen late at night and it has stuck with me. A high priest brought one back to life in NYC and, well, there was a lot of running and screaming.

photowannabe said...

With God all things are possible..
"They" find bones of creatures all the time so why not be a dinosaur?
Different interpretations...it was huge and fierce whatever it was...
Now I have to go back and read those verses.
Sue

DeniseinVA said...

Very interesting and what a fascinating dinosaur. I keep an open mind to all possibilities. Another enjoyable post Ginny, makes you think which is what I like.

Walking Among The Dead

 Yes, I walked among the dead for you, my awesome blog followers. That would be Purple Dead Nettle, also called Purple Dead Thistle. It is n...