Monday, May 9, 2022

Far From The Mother's Day Crowd

 Our son and grandchildren came over for Mother's Day yesterday. Here I am with Mike. Goodness, I am shrinking!


And here he is with the girls and my Phil.


They brought this pretty card.


Our middle granddaughter, Dara, had baked me cookies!


And they brought this huge beautiful flower basket with a big hook to put in the ground and hang it from.


We do not know what the flowers are. Does anyone know?



During the visit, Simba retreated to another room and hid under the chair behind the shoes. Though the girls always give him lots of pets, he prefers his own peace and quiet. He came out after they left.


This is actually a big improvement for him. He usually runs down to the basement. But then again, the girls like to go down there and play the electric drums.


“Isn’t everything you have and everything you are sheer gifts from God? So what’s the point of all this comparing and competing? You already have all you need.”

1 Corinthians 4


19 comments:

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Beautiful family photos and flowers. I'm not sure what they are but they are so lovely! Pretty cat! He looks like he found a good spot

Imogen said...

It's really nice to see getting together with family. Those are really lovely flowers and I always like to see a kitty cat.

Linda said...

What a lovely Mother's Day!! Love that kitty cat!!

Ann said...

What a beautiful hanging basket that it. I have no idea what the flowers are but it's very pretty.

MadSnapper said...

I need to read that verse a few times a day outloud. I am shrinking also, last time I was checked I was down 2 inches, but that was about 3 years ago..think how thin we would be if we could grow taller. ha ha. that plant is gorgeous and the colors of my moss rose and I want one for my porch.. are they impatiens?

Hootin Anni said...

Very sweet and loving gifts for a very sweet and loving Ginny!!!

Rose said...

I enjoy your family photos...

Jeanette said...

Beautiful flowers! Looks like you had a very nice Mother's Day!

The Feminine Energy said...

Awwwww Ginny, what a wonderful Mother's Day you had. I'm so happy for you and I love-love-love the pictures. I don't know what kind of flowers those are but they sure are beautiful!!! ~Andrea xoxo

Nancy Chan said...

So nice to have your everyone celebrating Mother's Day with you. That is a gorgeous flower basket and so colourful too.

George said...

It looks as if you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Chatty Crone said...

Miniature roses- ? I don't know but they are gorgeous!
What a beautiful family you have my friend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like you were treated royally.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Awwww, sweet Simba! And what a wonderful day for you, Ginny. I don't know what those flowers are but they are so beautiful! xoxo

happyone said...

What a lovely Mother's Day you had. The flowers are so pretty but I don't know what kind they are either.

Mari said...

What a lovely day!
I think they may be calibrochoa. Here's a link:
https://plants.westwoodgardens.com/12170002/Plant/13677/MiniFamous_Double_Lemon_Calibrachoa?msclkid=3e847ba4d0bc11ec8b8e069f7cb8c12d

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Such pretty flowers!!! And a bigggggggg Hanging pot tooooo!

Poor Simba! He just prefers his quiet home. :-)

Oh yes, we dooooo shrink, don't we??? Gracious yes!!!!

🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼

L. D. said...

Love the flowers. They are beautiful. Love the cat too.

Carla from The River said...

BEAUTIFUL flowers and family. :-) Our Penelope kitty does the same thing. She will visit for a wee bit, then off she goes to her own peaceful area.

Wild Violets

 The wild Violets are growing in yards everywhere now! They are so sweet. We have quite a few in our yard, and I hate for them to be mowed d...