Sunday, November 12, 2023

Snail Mucous

 O.K. you simply won't believe this! One of our granddaughters wants snail mucous for Christmas! Phil & I were stunned, then laughed. It is an ointment you put on your face that is supposed to help with many things. Snail mucous is that slimy stuff that snails excrete. Here is the product she wants. The snails are captured and poked, so they release mucous, then released!

 



COSRX Snail Mucin 96% Power Repairing Essence 3 Hydrating Serum for Face with Snail Secretion Filtrate for Dull Skin & Fine Lines, Korean Skincare


Anyway, my web research says it works!! But it still grosses me out. I should have known, since our granddaughter is studying to be a bioengineer. Here is what the web says.

It does appear that certain types of snail mucin have moisturizing and protective qualities that are good for your skin. Snail mucin contains antioxidants that may help reduce signs of aging like wrinkles, uneven skin tone and sagging. Studies indicate that snail mucin helps with skin regeneration and protects against damaging free radicals. The mucin also creates a protective barrier that keeps germs out to prevent infection. 

All from this.





17 comments:

MadSnapper said...

there is much in nature that helps and heals humans. this I have not heard of and its great you know what she wants. it is kind of ucky to think about. i wipe a lot of it off our glass doors. maybe i could try it on my wrinkles?

Ann said...

Well, I've learned something new today. I've never heard of this. I can't even imagine what possessed the first person to try putting snail mucus on their face.

Mari said...

Oh my! I like Ann's comment about who decided to try it! :)
It probably does work, but I don't know if I could do it.

Inger said...

How fun that she discovered this product at a young age. It sounds a bit gross, but it may be wonderful, so you just have to not think about where it came from, I guess. I feel tempted to try it.

Inger said...

Please tell your granddaughter that since she recommends it, I decided to buy it. I just ordered the moisturizer $12.50 on Amazon.

photowannabe said...

Wow, the name snail mucus really grosses me out..I can't imagine putting that on my face. Well I hope she enjoys it and keeps her beautiful youthful skin.
Sue

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh dear, hahaha! Maybe milking snails would be a good side hustle. Who knew? xoxo

Inger said...

This will be a perfect blog subject. It's so new and interesting. And of course she doesn't need it. But I do, big time.

happyone said...

Oh my I think I'll pass on that. :)

Carla from The River said...

Ha, thank you for sharing Ginny, I had no idea.
Is it expensive?

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Amazing what use is being created from natural critter fluid.

Kylan Gentry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DawnTreader said...

Now there's something I'd never try unless really really desperate...

DeniseinVA said...

Well that's a first for me but if your granddaughter is studying to be a bioengineer, she must be finding out a lot of interesting info, like this. It must be fascinating lassoing a snail, lol!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

It does sound gross, but according to the description, it seems to do a lot of beneficial things for your skin.
Interesting.

Debby said...

NO No NO NO NO.
I don't and won't do anything having to do with snails or slugs. I absolutely think they are disgusting. Fine for others but definitely not for me. Just thinking about it, gives me the willies.

Red Rose Alley said...

I think I would get another present if it were my granddaughters. That sounds very strange. But it's good that your granddaughter has done research on it. It says it helps with wrinkles, skin tone, and sagging. They are so young, they already have skin that's silky and smooth. I don't think I'd want to use a moisturizer with snail mucus eeekkk. ; )

~Sheri

From The Inside

 We watched a T.V. show last week about a scientist who managed a way to look inside a chicken egg while the chick is forming. It was amazin...