Thursday, February 1, 2024

A Night Of T.V. Watching

 Since I will never go to New York City, and maybe you never will, too, I thought I would show you the store windows and outside Christmas decorations in New York. All this snapped from the T.V. as I sat on the couch. First, the store windows.






Next, some of the outdoor scenes. (hmmm, maybe this one is not in New York?)






This is not in New York. It is a giant Christmas Trolley with singers on it that people can ride.




And this parade is in Illinois. I liked this giant float of Abe Lincoln.


Last but not least, this was a commercial!


 “At night… the streets become rhythmical perspectives of glowing dotted lines, reflections hung upon them in the streets as the wistaria hangs its violet racemes on its trellis. The buildings are shimmering verticality, a gossamer veil, a festive scene-prop hanging there against the black sky to dazzle, entertain, amaze.”

Frank Lloyd Wright


14 comments:

Ann said...

These are all fabulous. It's highly unlikely I'll ever go to New York City. Besides it's much easier to see it on the computer screen. I can see it in my pajamas and I won't have to worry about getting mugged...lol

MadSnapper said...

dditto what Ann said... no crowds to fight, I went to Africa yesterday, it was on Daystar channel. playing beautiful hymns while crocodiles swam and walked . we did not know we had daystar, bob hit the wrong button. i like the trolley, my favorite and Wrights poem is wonderful. it fits this and it also fits lights of all skylines

Mari said...

I have a niece that lives in NYC, but I don't think we'll be going there. TOo crazy and crowded!
I love your picsture - best way to see it. :) The horses are amazing.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I've been to NYC --but that was MANY years ago. I really have no desire to go back. I prefer the mountains and the beach over any city... BUT--the colors/designs are amazing on your post. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Betsy

Debby said...

I really liked NYC when I went around 1997. I wanted to go back but unless things change, I no longer have interest. I feel that way about most big cities now.
Light shows are really trending these days! Beautiful colors and such awesome creativity. Thanks for sharing with us the beautiful things in life.

photowannabe said...

I loved NYC when Dave and I worked conventions and trade shows there. Its been years since we were there.
Don't think I will ever return but glad I had the experiences. Its an amazing city.
Sue

DeniseinVA said...

I love these photos Ginny. I have never done a proper tour of NYC., so this is a real treat. Great Frank Lloyd Wright quote also.

Carla from The River said...

All the lights!!! :-)

happyone said...

Nice to see all the lights. I grew up in northern NJ, not that far from the city.

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh - New York is a whole different place! Goes way out for celebrations.

CheerfulMonk said...

Yes! That's the way to go there. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Great pictures and a little nostalgia.
I lived in New York for many, many years, but have a feeling I won't be going back.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Such incredible sights! I have always loved visiting NYC but I fear I have seen it for the last time. The leftists have ruined it. xoxo

Red Rose Alley said...

I heard New York has the most elaborate Christmas decorations all around the city. Look at all those lights! I've always wanted to visit New York around Christmastime. Thanks for sharing some of their scenery.

~Sheri

Thoughts After Parking

 1. The elevator - After parking and entering the hospital, we saw the elevator in the middle of the lobby. It is right in the center, surr...