Saturday, September 26, 2026

Harvest Moon

 Tonight's full moon is the Harvest Moon! I took these photos a couple days before the full moon. Good thing I did, because tonight it is behind heavy clouds!

See the bat left of center?


Here is another bat, in the top right.




“Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves

We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!”

— Humbert Wolfe


14 comments:

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That is a brilliant photograph

Ann said...

I do see the bat. That is one spectacular moon shot. I did notice it out there the other day when I was letting Gibbs out.

Mari said...

I see the bat!
Gorgeous photos, you always do amazing moon shots.

Red Rose Alley said...

So neat that you got the bat in with those pictures, Ginny. I missed the Harvest Moon, so I'm so glad that you shared it with us. Very cool moon photos, and the stars on your side bars go perfectly with your post. It all looks so mysterious and pretty.

Shug said...

Stunning, Ginny. I was wondering if you captured it. You did and it is so very pretty.

HappyK said...

Excellent shots of the moon. I posted a picture of the morning moon.

CheerfulMonk said...

I love your moon photos! Thank you!

Chatty Crone said...

I do love your moon shots. Wish it would get a little cooler.

photowannabe said...

Hi Ginny, the pink flowers you asked about are bougainvillea vines that are drooping over the fence from our neighbor's plants. We are so enjoying the splashes of color courtesy of our neighbors.
Yes, you've got that right.... aspirin is definitely a lifesaver for us !!!!
Sue

Jeanette said...

Great moons hots with bonus bats!

DeniseinVA said...

How wonderful you captured a bat with the moon. I am always impressed with your moon photos Ginny. Absolutely stunning!

Carla from The River said...

Ginny you out did it this time, capturing the bats!!!!!
LOVE the harvest moon.
And the quote too.
xo

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

It was such a spectacular sight to see this year, your pictures are beautiful! The harvest moon also brought the end to my harvest and garden with a heavy freeze. Cold and beautiful, indeed!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love your moon shots. You get such great detail beyond what is possible with a cell phone.
I see the bat in the second photo, but not the first one.

Born To Brunch

 Have you heard of Cruffins? They are a cross between a croissant and a muffin. What could be better? The best of both worlds. Of course I b...