Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Weekend With Dara!

We had a wonderful weekend with our granddaughter! First thing, we made mint donuts!

Then we went to a free event with face painting and bouncy houses!


Kitchen bowling followed!

This was followed by winning her first ever game of Cootie, and playing the electric drums.


During rests and at bedtime, Sunny snuggled with her.



Sunday morning started with breakfast, then she got herself ready for church. Including fixing her own hair and getting dressed.



She was so excited with our church that she came home dancing and spinning around. Someone gave her two bags of M&M's!


By late afternoon, Phil, Sunny, and Dara were all just a wee bit tired. But I had to remain alert to take pictures!

“You’ll see your children grow up, your family lovely and lissome as orchard grass. You’ll arrive at your grave ripe with many good years, like sheaves of golden grain at harvest.

Job 5


14 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

Such a lovely weekend with your grand daughter, Dara! She is so sweet and beautiful. You have taken some very good photos for sweet memories. Have a beautiful week, Ginny!

Ann said...

I knew it would be a fun filled weekend. She is so cute.

MadSnapper said...

it sure looks like Sunny is in love with Dara.. I can feel the joy from your photos..

Karen said...

This looks like so much fun. Dara is adorable!

Linda said...

I can feel the joy and happiness in every one of your photos! It just doesn't get any better than this, does it?

CalamityJr said...

What a delightful weekend for all of you! Thanks for letting us join you with your happy photos.

Tamago said...

What a wonderful weekend you had with your granddaughter Dara! She is so pretty. I love the hair style she fixed herself. Love the photos of her and Sunny snuggling together. The header photo is just too cute! :-)

Marie said...

Dara and your kitty sleeping together is one of the sweetest pictures I've ever seen. I love the pic of her brushing her own hair, she looks so pleased with herself. She has such a sweet looking face. :)
glad you enjoyed your weekend.
hugs,
Marie

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh the sweet memories you have made. Looks like you all had a great time.I am sure glad you stayed awake to capture the moments.
Ginny,I have given more thought to my iPhone blog and have decided to end it.I can post those same images to my regular blog and /or to FaceBook. Since you had asked,I wanted to share this with you.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Looks like an awesome weekend with Dara.... How special for her and for you all..... Looks like you kept busy and I'm sure you are TIRED today!!! Grandchildren are wonderful --but I was always VERY tired after their visits... ha

Hugs,
Betsy

photowannabe said...

Absolutely delightful.
Grandchildren are the very best.

Rose said...

O, Ginny, that verse makes me cry...nothing more precious than our grands!

Carla from The River said...

Ginny,
This is the sweetest post. I love the photo of the sweet girl and that sweet kitty inside the blanket together.
What a fun house you live in!
You are so fun and I can tell how important family is to you.
xx oo
Carla

DeniseinVA said...

She is adorable Ginny and these are sweet photos. Looks like a happy and fun weekend.

Nervous At Hobby Lobby

 Next to our parked car at Hobby Lobby, we spotted these two cuties. They were clearly nervous and shaky. But then, when is a Chihuahua not ...