Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Deer - Truck - Rabbit







Last year around New Years Eve, I said this on my blog. I don't know why people make such a huge fuss about the New Year coming in. New Years Day is but one of the many new chances we get each morning when we wake up. I've never felt that more strongly than right now, when I am so glad to be alive on this couch, writing to my dear followers. Because this month, we were almost killed three different times. When I took these three pictures at different times, I had no idea how they would affect my life and that they would all show up on a single blog post. Several weeks ago, we hit a deer. It ran in front of the car and went down, but then miraculously got up and ran back into the woods. We were shaken up but not hurt because we had only been going about 20 MPH. Not a mark on the car. Then on Easter Saturday, an 18 wheeler ran us off of the interstate at a very high speed. The driver had been distracted and fortunatly looked up just in the nick of time. Phil regained control of the car in a masterful driving maneuver. Again, shaken up, but not hurt. Later that same night, a rabbit ran in front of the car and in a quick swerve, almost caused a bad wreck. Three new chances at life in one month. A 17 year old friend of ours was just killed in a car accident, and all these things happened right after that. Why him? Why were we spared so many times? Everyone says that life is unfair, but that is just in the short span that we are on this earth. Eternally, God is fair. The bible says many times that He is a just God. He can see ahead and we cannot. I just read a devotional called "The Life Is Not In The Shell", and it states that God lets us die at the very moment that He decides that our body has fulfilled it's function. So does God have more for Phil and I to do down here? If so, I hope we will be able to serve Him well. But then, He must have forseen it, or maybe I wouldn't be sitting here writing to you right now.


"He has set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecc. 3:11

9 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Scary, Ginny, when we come so close to an accident. Recently, George and I were driving in our neighborhood --going less than 30 mph. A van pulled out of a side road right in front of us... The road was straight --and we cannot imagine what that person was thinking. They were probably on their cellphone. Scary!!!!

Yes----God is not ready for us yet... I'm sure there is much more right here on earth which needs to be done. BUT--when my time comes, I'll be ready.

Life is precious... We need to live every single minute as best we can... Who knows when it will be our last?
Hugs,
Betsy

Kilauea Poetry said...

These are amazing incidents Ginny! I'm glad everything was ok.This was encouraging, and it is true- we ask why were we spared, but we just have to trust..one more reason to remain alert to the times. My boys are nearly 30yrs and I worry more for them..but it's exactly why. They have a long way to go but I'm confident God is in control. (God lets us die at the very moment that He decides that our body has fulfilled it's function)..thanks for sharing this and you thoughts as well as about New Years, I couldn't agree more!
Regards, Regina-

Kilauea Poetry said...

Btw..those photos are sweet too of the deer and bunny (that truck is an awesome warning)! ha

DawnTreader said...

Three close escapes in a short time. That kind of thing does stir up some thoughts, doesn't it. My favourite author C.S. Lewis had the idea that God does not look upon time as we do. We tend to think of it as a timeline from beginning to end. God (according to Lewis) does not really "foresee" - he sees it all (past, present, future) at once. Makes my head spin, but I tend to agree. (Mere Christianity; chapter entitled Time and Beyond Time.)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I have often wondered about these same things. Last summer a friend's 15 year old daughter was killed by a car while crossing the street. No one was doing anything really wrong. It was just a horrible tragedy. It is so hard for us to understand how or why God works the way He does.

MadSnapper said...

Wow, since things come in threes, you should be safe now. there, does that make you feel better?
I like what K poetry said, I agree her and with you,so very glad you are still here and bloggin and emailing and praying.

From the Kitchen said...

Amen! Every day should be treated just like the beginning. So glad you are safe.

Best,
Bonnie

George said...

I think three such incidents in a single month is more than enough. I'm glad you made it through all three unharmed.
When my first wife died several years ago, I felt it was because God was calling her home. I still don't know why, but I'm convinced that she was ready.

SquirrelQueen said...

Three incidents in one month is more than your share, the narrow escapes can be very scary. I have spent so much of my working life on the road as a sales rep that I have become a very defensive driver.

Drivers have always been easily distracted and now there is even more affecting their driving. I can't even count the close calls I have had. Be careful out there.

The deer and the bunny are adorable, great shots.

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!