Monday, June 10, 2019

Norwegian Trolls

I ran into these Norwegian Trolls in a gift shop. They are creatures of Norse legend, and tend to be big, hairy, stupid, and slow to act. Early stories describe them as giants who lived in castles and roamed at night. When exposed to sunlight, they would turn into stone. I love how each one is holding something interesting.

These are holding a candle and a tote bag.

One of these has a broom, and the blue one has a badge that says "Troll Police".

This one must be a Leaf Troll.

Since this one is holding a crystal ball, he must be a Wizard.

This one must be The Bird Whisperer.

A Homemaker for sure, with apron and feather duster.

Looks like twins here.

And they have pets, just like we do.

“And then there was the war at Gath that featured a hulking giant who had twenty-four fingers and toes, six on each hand and foot—yet another from the clan of giants. When he mocked Israel, Jonathan son of Shimea, David’s brother, killed him.”
1 Chronicles 20

17 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

What a fun post. I know all about trolls. My sister and her family lived in Norway for several years and I visited them a couple of times. Beautiful country and traditions.

Anne Jeffries said...

Funny little fellas. Blogger, Elise Ljunge (in Norway) would enjoy these.

Chatty Crone said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I loved those and thought they were so cute. Bet they were expensive tho.

Nancy Chan said...

Funny looking trolls. Very enjoyable post. Have a happy Tuesday, Ginny!

Natalia said...

Haha,they are so cute☺

Hootin Anni said...

My BIL is Norwegian. That makes me want one. Are they sold online y'wonder? Off to Google I go. Gotta see if they're out there to buy one. (Or two)

Ann said...

Aren't these adorable. I love how they are all holding something to identify what they are. The one on the far right in your header looks like he's holding a plunger so he must be a plumber.

George said...

What cute finds!

MadSnapper said...

these are my first ever viewing of Norwegian Trolls. my favorite is the leaf, and i noticed they all have noses made from different nuts.. i think the one you said was twins is a nativity scene made from trolls. they are pretty amazing, with so much detail in each one.

photowannabe said...

Ginny, I don't know how to block him really either. I delete his comment and do it forever with a box that is below his comment.
I really dislike his content and will try to figure out how to not allow it.

Tamago said...

They are so cute and fun looking! I love the Leaf Troll and Homemaker. The apron and feather duster are too cute :-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Interesting looking creatures.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Troll scare my son Buddy for some reason. I find them cool.

Carla from The River said...

Wow, I wonder what they are made of?
I am hoping to attend a Midsummer Eve Bonfire Fest. They are advertising trolls will be at the event.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rose said...

They ate so ugly that they are cute!

tywhot said...

click this replica bags china why not try here best replica bags click here for more info louis vuitton replica

The Big Cat

 Not to be outdone by that upstart The Big Cow and his friends, the Big Cat bought a new Easter bonnet! It is purrrfectly lovely! And while ...