Friday, June 28, 2019

Saturday Sunflowers

I love sunflowers, and have always wanted to grow them. But the front and side of our house do not get much sun. But when we saw that our next door neighbor was growing them in her front yard,  we thought we would try it!! On Friday we went to the garden center, and picked one out!



We had a bit of a time fitting it into the car, but finally got it home.


Here is the spot we put it, in our tiny wildflower garden by the back door.


Phil planted it right away, while I took pictures through the kitchen door.




Simba was very interested as well, every once in awhile looking back at me as if to ask what was going on. Now we wait and see if it likes it's new home.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do."
Helen Keller


14 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

I love sunflowers too! I hope the sunflowers like its new home and will bloom lots of flowers for you to enjoy. Hope Simba likes the sunflowers too!

MadSnapper said...

you already know sunflowers are my favorite flowers. maybe i will try buying them already growing, i have tried seeds and had no luck. you picked the perfect place to put them, you don't have to go outside to see them. tell Phil to talk to them when he waters them. lol

Ann said...

I love sunflowers. These are really nice. Perfect spot to plant them.

Shug said...

Sunflowers are my favorite and their beauty always makes me smile. I love their brightness and their size.
Enjoy this great weekend..

Natalia said...

I love sunflowers,they bring smile to my face☺

George said...

I hope you have great success with your new sunflower.

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

They would bring a chance I hope. They are so beautiful.

Chatty Crone said...

That sunflower - looked almost fake it was so beautiful! Very lovely!

DawnTreader said...

Lovely cheerful flowers :)

Tamago said...

Sunflower is one of my favorite flowers! I hope your sunflowers will grow big!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It should look lovely in that spot. The Sunflowers add so much joy to a garden.

DeniseinVA said...

It's a great spot and I can see Simba agrees :)

Reanaclaire said...

I love sunflowers, Ginny! They brighten up the day, thats for sure!

Rose said...

I sure hope it grows good for you...I messed around and did not plant any again this year.

The Big Cat

 Not to be outdone by that upstart The Big Cow and his friends, the Big Cat bought a new Easter bonnet! It is purrrfectly lovely! And while ...